Need help understanding parameters of OcTree::insertPointCloud

Alex Brachet

Apr 17, 2019, 7:50:45 PM4/17/19
to OctoMap developers and users discussion
Could someone help me understand what sensor origin is in insertPointCloud(Pointcloud&, point3d& sensor_origin, pose6d&, bool, bool)? Should sensor origin just be (0,0,0), or the (x,y,z) from frame 0? This isn't quite clear for me. Thanks.

Armin Hornung

Apr 24, 2019, 3:46:04 PM4/24/19
to oct...@googlegroups.com

Am 18.04.19 um 01:50 schrieb Alex Brachet:
Check the documentation here:

https://octomap.github.io/octomap/doc/classoctomap_1_1OccupancyOcTreeBase.html#a3c6d38e8a7028416cd23449f14e215e8

It's the origin of the sensor, from where the pointcloud was observed.
The first variant (only sensor_origin) considers the coordinates in a
global coordinate frame, while the second one (sensor_origin and
frame_origin) considers the sensor origin relative to the frame origin
(<0,0,0> would be within the frame origin).

Best regards,

Armin