Web GUI for Ocropus

Patricia

Apr 21, 2016, 11:11:48 AM4/21/16
to ocropus
The last question to this topic was 2010, so can anyone tell me if there is now a Web GUI for Ocropus, any plans for a Web GUI or a GUI for some functions (the training for example)?

Best regards,
Patricia

Konstantin Baierer

May 9, 2016, 8:15:58 PM5/9/16
to ocropus

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 5:11:48 PM UTC+2, Patricia wrote:
The last question to this topic was 2010, so can anyone tell me if there is now a Web GUI for Ocropus, any plans for a Web GUI or a GUI for some functions (the training for example)?

Hi Patricia,

we have developed a web interface for creating ground truth, i.e. transcribing pages line-by-line which you can find on Github [1]. Since this is an important part in the process of training and evaluation and can also be used for other OCR engines that produce hOCR like tesseract, we figured it made sense to spend some time in an ergonomic user interface.

But for training, text detection etc., you will need to use the CLI tools or the docker container [2].

Best

Konstantin