compiling ocropus under windows with visual studio 2008

mrbigman

Aug 6, 2009, 10:44:49 AM8/6/09
to ocropus
Hi @all,

i'm interested to use ocropus under windows with visual studio 2008.
I've googled around about compiling ocropus under windows but i was
not able to find something useful.
Maybe you have some experince with compiling ocropus under windows?
If there is nothing really useful about this topic, i'd like to try to
build ocropus under windows by my own and share my experience with
you.

thank you in advance!

74yrs old

Aug 9, 2009, 2:26:06 PM8/9/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
No one has tried/attempt to build for windows so far. You are welcome to build ocropus under windows
and share your  experience with members of the forum.

fuzzyTew

Aug 9, 2009, 4:02:17 PM8/9/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 2:26 PM, 74yrs old<withbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> No one has tried/attempt to build for windows so far. You are welcome to
> build ocropus under windows
> and share your  experience with members of the forum.

I built ocropus with cygwin just a couple days ago. It went pretty
smoothly after switching to gcc 4.

74yrs old

Aug 11, 2009, 11:23:00 AM8/11/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
I have installed cygwin today. I could not find gcc4. how to find the same. please guide me since I am newbie to cygwin.

I wish to have build ocropus for windows under Visual Studio2008 by you.

fuzzyTew

Aug 11, 2009, 6:32:51 PM8/11/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM, 74yrs old<withbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed cygwin today. I could not find gcc4. how to find the same.
> please guide me since I am newbie to cygwin.

Cygwin is a unix environment under windows. You can select gcc 4 in
the list of installable software packages when running setup.exe .
Make sure not to select the normal gcc or the system will default to
it, although you can adjust what you are using with the 'alternatives'
command. I used the 1.7 release of cygwin and the configure/make/etc
build path.

> I wish to have build ocropus for windows under Visual Studio2008 by you.

I'm afraid I can't do that for you. Also, cygwin is a totally
separate (command-line) environment from visual studio. I am
unfamiliar with visual studio.

74yrs old

Aug 11, 2009, 10:04:22 PM8/11/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
used cygwin set up 2.573,2.3 version, installed gcc vide screenshot attached.
I hope I can start to install ocropus - how to do or typescript is available it will be
helpful.
thanks in advance.
-sriranga(76yrsold)
gcc4.JPG

Sachin

Apr 22, 2016, 2:54:49 AM4/22/16
to ocropus
Hi fuzzyTew,

   Can you please provide detailed steps you followed to build using cygwin, starting from source path.

   Can anyone direct me the page where I can get the code for development using VS?