~Zoning Atlas Amendment (Conventional District)~

michael ferguson

Aug 3, 2022, 12:50:17 PM8/3/22
to planni...@orangecountync.gov, amanda griffin
~Dear Planning Board-
…I’m sorry i couldn’t be there in person tonight, but i am healing from surgery so I hope this email helps my cause…I have lived in the White Cross Community for over 27 years, right behind the Old School House just across from White Cross Road…We already have problems getting onto Hwy 54 West and by adding a Dollar General will only decay not only the traffic situation, but the overall quality of life…We have dueling Gas Stations on either side of the road on 54, which also sell food-products and general merchandise…2 miles to the West, we have a Dollar General-type store (not sure of the name) And 5.3 miles east, in Carrboro Plaza we have another such store…As a Community, do we really need to invite another “Dollar General” every 3.6 miles or do we deserve a better service for the White Cross area…

…I was saddened and hurt to think This is what White Cross deserves…I’m a Veteran, I vote, and I would like this to be set aside until there is a better alternative for my Community…

…We will be watching your decision very closely and I hope you would treat Us the same way you would treat yourself…No one would want to live across the street from this kind of business not even noting the amount to night time light it would broadcast every single day…

…I hope the people of Orange County can count on you…

michael p. ferguson-