Glimmer of Hope at the Capitol

John Michener

Feb 19, 2018, 9:21:52 PM2/19/18
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

Online version

1.  OCPAC Program: Klondike Gold Rush

2. The Time for Justice Rally

3.  Glimmer of Hope at the Capitol

4.  The Shooting

5.  Untangle the Budget

6.  Correction, Please

1.  OCPAC Program Feb. 21:  This Wednesday at noon at Mama Roja our speaker will be Joe Shepard speaking on the history of the Klondike Gold Rush.  With all the legislators rushing to dig for gold in our pockets, it seems a fitting topic at the beginning of the legislative session.  Next week, February 28, we will host gubernatorial candidate Kevin Stitt.

2.  The time for Justice Rally.  People keep asking Dan Fisher how he is going to reassert state sovereignty and abolish abortion when he is governor.  He is unveiling his plan at a Friday night rally on March 2.  The rally continues on Saturday March 3 with further education on state sovereignty, abolition, and the proper role of government.  Hotel rooms are available for those coming from afar.  Register here for the rally.

3.  Glimmer of Hope at the Capitol.  Governor Fallin, Lt. Gov. Lamb, Senate Leadership, and House Leadership continue to call for tax increases.  Even State Auditor Gary Jones has joined with Democrats in support of a StepUp “Lite” program which calls for all the same taxes.  Fortunately, the voice of the people, along with upcoming elections, is strengthening the resolve of some Republicans.  The coalition of those who will not go along is growing.  These Representatives deserve our thanks for voting against the monstrous StepUp tax hike bill:  Representatives Calvey, McEachin, Cleveland, John Bennett, Faught, Gann, Rick West, Coody, Ritze, Strohm, Sean Roberts, Teague, Hardin, Kevin West, Dunlap, Murdock, Murphey, and Downing.

4.  The Shooting.  Other writers have covered the standard political talking points around the latest school shooting.  For two less typical points of view, try this one about the common link of psychotropic drugs, or the highly sarcastic Gary North’s call to ban deadly government schools.

5.  Untangle the Budget.  The Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, Americans for Prosperity , and the Tulsa 9.12 Project are hosting the “Oklahoma Growth and Opportunity Summit,” a day-long educational opportunity to explain the state budget, how departments and agencies are funded, tax credits, and our state constitution.  The summit is on Saturday, February 24, 2018, from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM at the DoubleTree Hotel in Tulsa.  Get tickets here.

6.  Correction, Please.  In last week’s story about perversion at the capitol, we mistakenly cited Article 1 Section 35 of the Oklahoma Constitution for the state’s legal definition of marriage.  The correct citation is Article 2 Section 35.

The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members…although they should.  Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.  Authorized and paid for by Oklahoma Conservative PAC, PO Box 2021, Edmond, OK 73083.