LANKFORD joins gun grabbers

John Michener

Mar 18, 2018, 9:23:53 AM3/18/18
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

Online version

1.  Teacher Temper Tantrum II

2.  Lankford Joins Gun Grabbers

3.  Republicans Still Fighting for Tax Increases

4.  Gubernatorial Voter Guide

5.  OCPAC Program

6.  OCPAC Awards

7.  Gubernatorial Candidate Forum

8.  Christian Values Summit

1.  Teacher Temper Tantrum II.  Have you ever noticed that Department of Education bureaucrats and superintendents never threaten to walk out on our kids if they do not receive an indiscriminate, unqualified raise?  Perhaps that is because they get paid plenty.  In fact, most teachers are paid pretty well.  Recently, in a seventeen-minute video clip, OCPAC President Emeritus Charlie Meadows exposed the lie that government school teachers are underpaid and get no raises.

For those teachers who deserve a raise, there is enough money already in education; it just needs to be better allocated.  HB 3539 would have given local districts control over salaries, but Speaker McCall and Majority Leader Echols did not allow these measures to be heard on the House floor prior to the deadline.

Those starting teachers who are not paid well have the teacher’s union to thank for negotiating that everyone be paid the same.  HB 1767 would have allowed teachers to vote on whether or not a union would represent them, but once again, we can thank Republican leadership for lack of meaningful reform.

2.  Lankford Joins Gun Grabbers.  Oklahoma Senator James Lankford is co-sponsoring a gun-control bill.  Senate Bill 2135 will cause many to lose their guns, and it is unconstitutional.  Lankford’s office number is (202) 224-5754.  The best write-up we have seen on this bill was entitled This is the Beginning of Totalitarian Government.

3.  Republicans Still Fighting for Tax Increases.  Last week, with only 51 Yea votes, House Republicans passed HJR 1050, a resolution to be sent to a vote of the people which would lower the number of votes required to pass a tax increase in the legislature from 75% to 66%.  Instead of doing the hard work of cutting the state budget, Republicrats would rather make it easier to seize more of our property.  It is now up to conservatives in the Senate to kill this attack on our pocketbooks.

4.  Gubernatorial Voter Guide.  Five candidates for governor of Oklahoma are running as Republicans.  What might each be expected to do to stop abortion if elected?  Read about each candidate’s position in the Gubernatorial Voter Guide published by Oklahomans United for Life.

Quoting from the Guide:  “Dan Fisher is the only candidate who has pledged to make abolishing abortion his number one priority.  He has published a strategic plan to accomplish his mission using state sovereignty.”

5.  OCPAC Program.  On Wednesday, March 21, at noon at Mama Roja our speaker will be former University of Oklahoma Wrestling Coach Jack Spates, talking about the growth of Christianity in Iran.

6.  OCPAC Awards.  On Tuesday, April 3 at 7:30 p.m. OCPAC will present its annual legislative awards at the Capitol View Event Center, 5201 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City.  There will be no dinner or banquet; only a modest and short presentation, followed by a gubernatorial candidate forum.  The event is free and open to the public.  Congratulations to our award winners:  Senators Nathan Dahm, Josh Brecheen, and Anthony Sykes; Representatives David Brumbaugh (posthumously), Jason Murphey, Chuck Strohm, Tommy Hardin, Tom Gann, and Rick West.

7.  Gubernatorial Candidate Forum.  On Tuesday, April 3 at 7:30 p.m. OCPAC will host a Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Forum on the topic of abortion.  The forum will begin immediately following a short awards presentation and will run for approximately one hour to ninety minutes, depending on candidate participation.  Each candidate will have adequate time to explain his position on abortion and present any policy changes he would recommend or implement as governor.  Then the candidates will be allowed to cross-examine each other and answer questions from the moderator and the audience.  This event is free and open to the public.  The location is the Capitol View Event Center, 5201 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City.

8.  Christian Values Summit.  On March 29 & 30, the Christian Values Summit in Tulsa, Oklahoma, promises to reaffirm the Christian values upon which our nation was founded and remind us of our Christian heritage and constitutional rights.  The inspiring speakers will challenge you, encourage you, and remind you of our hope in God’s power to restore our nation.  The summit is free, but you must register in advance.

The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members…although they should.  Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.  Authorized and paid for by Oklahoma Conservative PAC, PO Box 2021, Edmond, OK 73083.