OCLint 0.8 Release Candidate Testing

Longyi Qi

Jan 8, 2014, 10:43:32 AM1/8/14
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, oclint...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to the LLVM community, and now LLVM 3.4 is released. We then have the OCLint 0.8 release candidate ready for your testing.

With great work from Joris, OCLint has been ported to MinGW environment on Windows platform, so we would like to ship a binary for MinGW users, in addition to OS X* build and Linux build.

All sorts of feedback are sincerely appreciated. And we thank you for all your contributions to this release, especially to our hard-working contributors. We hope to learn from your feedback, and provide the GA builds for you very soon.

Regards,
Longyi

* Mac OS X 10.6 is no longer supported from us due to its lack of default libc++ library. However, people who has manually set up libc++ on the machine can continue using the tool by building OCLint locally.

Longyi Qi

Jan 8, 2014, 11:48:44 AM1/8/14
to fly2never, oclin...@googlegroups.com, oclint...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this with us. Static code analysis is a broad concept. ClangFormat is more like a syntactic analysis/formatting tool, and OCLint, in addition to analyze syntax, inspects on the intermediate representations of the source code for better understanding of the source code and better accuracy. I believe developers can leverage two tools to tackle different angles of code quality issues.

On Jan 8, 2014, at 10:35 AM, fly2never <fly2...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I've found ClangFormat, have fun with it!

Longyi Qi

Jan 9, 2014, 1:14:39 PM1/9/14
to Jani Jegoroff, oclint...@googlegroups.com, oclin...@googlegroups.com
This is an interesting situation. 0.8 release doesn't ship with FeatureEnvy, but your build tries to use it. Could you try delete existing installation completely (especially the ../lib/oclint/rules  folder), and install it from scratch? I am thinking you have installed this rc build by overriding an existing installation, which originally contains a libFeatureEnvyRule.dylib file.

Let me know if it fixes, thanks!

Longyi

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Jani Jegoroff <jani.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did a test run with release candidate and got a following error:

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

(5 commands with analyzer issues)
scan-build: 5 bugs found.
scan-build: Run 'scan-view /Users/<jenkins-job-path>/workspace/clangScanBuildReports/2014-01-09-1' to examine bug reports.
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZNK5clang15ast_type_traits11ASTNodeKind8isBaseOfES1_Pj
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/../lib/oclint/rules/libFeatureEnvyRule.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNK5clang15ast_type_traits11ASTNodeKind8isBaseOfES1_Pj
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/../lib/oclint/rules/libFeatureEnvyRule.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

[PMD] Collecting PMD analysis files...
[PMD] Finding all files that match the pattern **/oclint.xml
[WARNINGS] Parsing warnings in console log with parser Clang (LLVM based)
Archiving artifacts
Publishing Clang scan-build results
Finished: SUCCESS

Joris Dauphin

Jan 13, 2014, 10:04:54 AM1/13/14
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, oclint...@googlegroups.com
Some feed backs:

The windows version seems to works ^^

Some remarks:
- oclint --version doesn't give the *oclint* version (it just give LLVM version)
- I think it should be better to ship with LLVM 3.4 (oclint --version tell it is compiled with LLVM3.4svn )
- LICENSE copyright is 2013, it may be 2014
- When does "lib\clang\3.4\include\*" used ?