OCLint 0.8 dev + nested XCode Projects

Дмитрий

Aug 15, 2013, 3:46:36 PM8/15/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

Seeing the following:

Have three projects:

Parent ---
---- Project 1
---- Project 2

The compile_commands.json is generated seemingly correctly.  It includes entries for all projects and all files.

Then running the following

oclint-json-compilation-database -- -o report.html -report-type html

Only generates the report for the first project listed in compile_commands.json

These are specifically includes as source projects, not as static libraries.

Дмитрий

Aug 15, 2013, 4:14:11 PM8/15/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
To add details.

All files, from all projects are passed as parameters to OCLint (using -v of oclint-json-compilation-database)

Дмитрий

Aug 15, 2013, 4:44:45 PM8/15/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
Parent -- LLVM ERROR: Could not auto-detect compilation database for files
--- Project 1 -- works
--- Project 2 -- LLVM ERROR: Could not auto-detect compilation database for files

Longyi Qi

Aug 18, 2013, 8:23:34 PM8/18/13
to Дмитрий, oclin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Дмитрий,

Sorry I couldn't have a very clear answer to this right now, but I am very interested in this issue.

I was thinking what's the best way for me to understand this better. May I know is it possible to come up with a minimal example with nested project structure that could reproduce the same problem?

Thank you for bringing this into our attention, look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Longyi

Дмитрий

Aug 19, 2013, 10:12:59 AM8/19/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, Дмитрий
Hi Longyi,

I was able to get around this issue by placing the compile_commands.json file into each projects root.

That seemed to have resolved this issue and analysis completed for all projects.

Regards,
Dmitry