New Rule implementation

Mr. Kumar

Dec 9, 2013, 8:21:13 AM12/9/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Happy to join you guys for open table discussion, having keen interest to add some more rules to give more orientation like other platform (FxCop & StyleCop, Andriod)…

Here I have rules & implementation logic handy but need you guys to start contributing on the same, so I have few questions for you all. Appreciate your response on the same.

1) I was trying to build it in Xcode 5, but it failed. If it possible then how can we do that?

2) What all API's need to explore to write the DB/ general rules like;
     - CloseResource
     - EmptySynchronizedBlock
     - ArrayIsStoredDirectly
     - AvoidArrayLoops
1) If Xcode 5 doest supports then what environment (IDE) can be used to build an Custom rule. Where I can generated .dylib directly and linked to other rules, with CMake.txt.

Highly Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

- Kumar

Mr. Kumar

Dec 9, 2013, 9:08:22 AM12/9/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
- Any reply Please!

Joris Dauphin

Dec 9, 2013, 10:26:33 AM12/9/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, December 9, 2013 2:21:13 PM UTC+1, Mr. Kumar wrote:
Hello All,

Happy to join you guys for open table discussion, having keen interest to add some more rules to give more orientation like other platform (FxCop & StyleCop, Andriod)…

Here I have rules & implementation logic handy but need you guys to start contributing on the same, so I have few questions for you all. Appreciate your response on the same.

1) I was trying to build it in Xcode 5, but it failed. If it possible then how can we do that?

Can't help with that, sorry.

2) What all API's need to explore to write the DB/ general rules like;
     - CloseResource
     - EmptySynchronizedBlock
     - ArrayIsStoredDirectly
     - AvoidArrayLoops

You may use the scafoldRule python script in oclint-script to help you to create the template file.

I think then, you have to familiarize with clang AST API.

`clang-check` allows to dump AST of code.

Mr. Kumar

Dec 11, 2013, 3:05:31 AM12/11/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Joris.

Lqi, can I have your input on below issue.

1) I was trying to build it in Xcode 5, but it failed. If it possible then how can we do that?

Thanks!

Longyi Qi

Dec 11, 2013, 9:12:00 AM12/11/13
to Mr. Kumar, oclin...@googlegroups.com
I like your ideas of rules. Please find my other replies below.

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Mr. Kumar wrote:

Thank you Joris.

Lqi, can I have your input on below issue.

1) I was trying to build it in Xcode 5, but it failed. If it possible then how can we do that?

Thanks!

I don’t think people have tried this, but I know CMake can generate Xcode configuration files for developers, like `cmake -G Xcode`, maybe worth a try. But I believe the majority of the contributors here use text editor.

On Monday, December 9, 2013 8:56:33 PM UTC+5:30, Joris Dauphin wrote:
[...]

Ramesh Kumar

Dec 11, 2013, 10:24:53 AM12/11/13
to Longyi Qi, oclin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lqi

Many thanks for your comments.

I will try your suggestion and confirm you.

It would great and very helpful for iPhone/iPad (iOS) developer, if it works with xcode.

Looking forward to making OCLint more-2 popular and easy towards iOS customers!

Thanks.

Sent from my Windows Phone