OCLint 0.7rc Testing

Longyi Qi

May 28, 2013, 12:06:37 PM5/28/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, oclint...@googlegroups.com
The 0.7 release has been branched (https://github.com/oclint/oclint/tree/release_07), and be ready for your testing.

In order to ease you get the latest features and improvements, we have compiled the code on Mac OS X 10.8 and Ubuntu 12.10, both on 64-bit. Please find the corresponding links below-

http://archives.oclint.org/releases/0.7rc/oclint-0.7rc-x86_64-apple-darwin12.tar.gz

We will sincerely appreciate all kinds of feedback. The 0.7 final release is scheduled to be end of June. We will work on documents and adding OCLint to homebrew if we could.

Thanks for your contributions to this release, no matter they are pull requests, feature requests, issues, and discussions, you help us grow.

Regards,
Longyi

Pedro Náñez

May 29, 2013, 8:35:19 AM5/29/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, oclint...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Something is wrong with the binary for Mac, when I try to use oclint I get the following:

Assertion failed: (Val && "isa<> used on a null pointer"), function doit, file /Users/lqi/Projects/LQRDG/oclint-0.7/build/llvm-install/include/llvm/Support/Casting.h, line 97.
Stack dump:
0.	<eof> parser at end of file

Is OCLint trying to get files from Users/lqi ?

OCLint finished with  -6

Regards,
Pedro

Longyi Qi

May 29, 2013, 10:26:39 AM5/29/13
to Pedro Náñez, oclin...@googlegroups.com
@rknall has posted the same error on GitHub https://github.com/oclint/oclint/issues/36, since he built OCLint in debug mode, so it shows there are something wrong when we try to cast a `Stmt` to `DeclStmt` without checking its null-iness. Oops...

Would you also help remove RedundantLocalVariable, ShortVariableNameRule and JumbledIncrementerRule from rule search path each at a time, and understand which one is troublesome?

Thanks,
Longyi

Pedro Náñez

May 29, 2013, 11:00:26 AM5/29/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, Pedro Náñez
The troublesome one is ShortVariableNameRule. I removed it from rules directory and now oclint works OK.

Longyi Qi

May 29, 2013, 7:50:34 PM5/29/13
to Pedro Náñez, oclin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Pedro for not only notifying us the issue, but also figuring out the exact rule for us.

Please checkout the github issue, and let us know if the latest change fixes this.

Longyi

Longyi Qi

Jun 2, 2013, 11:40:18 AM6/2/13
to oclin...@googlegroups.com, oclint...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for your efforts, we have fixed some crashes and false positives according to the feedback.

Here are the new rc builds-

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
Longyi

Longyi Qi

Jul 3, 2013, 11:32:29 AM7/3/13
to vimal m, oclint...@googlegroups.com, oclin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vimal,
I just replied your other thread, hope it helps.

Regards,
Longyi

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 6:07 AM, vimal m <vimal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
   I have to integrate oclint tool on mac. Could you please guide me on correct path. I have found their own oclint documentation but follow their method i unable to install lint on mac. if any other way to install oclint please share the link

 I need more clarification on installation xcode
OCLINT_HOME=/path/to/oclint-release
export PATH=$OCLINT_HOME/bin:$PATH

May i know
       what is the below line indicates?
   1. /path/to/oclint-release
2. $PATH
3. $OCLINT_HOME/bin:$PATH

If any instaalation guide with screenshot kindly share it to me

Thanks,

Regards,
Vimal M