Request : Add programatic friendly tags

jordi...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2017, 6:55:37 PM12/24/17
to OpenColorIO Users
I hope I have not missed anything in the documentation but seems the name of the color profiles are chosen for readability and user friendliness at the expense of programatic friendly names.

Would it be possible to add such tags in the master specification?

For example:
I am using \"Utility - Linear - Adobe Wide Gamut RGB\" in my code but the user, via the command line, can't be expected to do this right so I am building a dictionary to map from one "tag" to this string.... something like this...

'ADOBEWIDESRGB' : { 'filenametag' : 'awRGB', 'ociotag' : '\"Utility - Linear - Adobe Wide Gamut RGB\"' },

But I would like to build the dictionary procedurally, by analysing the file first, extracting those tags and names and therefore having a bulletproof appraoch.

Is there any workaround for this?

thanks and, I hope it was clear enough

merry Xmas
jb