Implement Open Color IO in Maya and 3ds Max

marion michon

Apr 17, 2018, 4:42:44 PM4/17/18
to ocio...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to implement OpenColor IO in Maya and 3ds Max at startup.

Can you explain me how can I do that from Python please ?
The goal is that Open Color IO will be implemented at startup of each software, i'm using Vray for both of them so if you can help me, I would be grateful !

Thanks,
Best regards,
Marion

Patrick Hodoul

Apr 18, 2018, 10:39:47 AM4/18/18
to OpenColorIO Developers

Hi Marion,

Maya supports OCIO as synColor embeds the OCIO library for config file reading.

Below are some links explaining the OCIO support in Maya & Arnold:

Maya -> https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Maya/files/GUID-A5A2B5C8-7992-41E3-8482-9DD86EC89717-htm.html

Arnold -> https://arnold-rendering.com/2017/06/01/color-management-in-arnold-for-maya/

Here is the command to query/edit the Color Management settings in Maya:

https://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Maya-Tech-Docs/Commands/colorManagementPrefs.html

Having an OCIO config file at Maya startup could be done by setting the OCIO env. variable to a specific config file before starting Maya.

Regards,

Patrick.