building from a source, linux

Cat Jordan

Feb 20, 2019, 4:56:02 PM2/20/19
to OpenColorIO Developers
Ok, please keep in mind I'm very bad at coding while reading this question.
I'm following the "building from a source" instructions on this page (http://opencolorio.org/installation.html). I made it to "run cmake..." before I got stuck. Here's what I got when i tried to put in the code as is.
"CMake Error: The source directory "/source/ocio" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI."
Using 'sudo' didn't help. when I added " .." o the end I  got this error;
"CMake Error: The source directory "/home/sigi/Downloads" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt."
I had navigated to the downloads folder at this point because that's where the file in question is.
image.png

Trying to move all these files to tmp/ociobuild didn't help either.
I don't know what I'm doing please help