Coming 0.17.2 release, moving up to 691

Thomas Paviot

Jun 1, 2016, 2:45:23 AM6/1/16
to oce...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I suggest we release the recent work in a 0.17.2 bugfix release; I opened a pull request on our github repository at https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/pull/625. Please report any issue.

After that, I suggest we merge the @blobfish work related to the move to occ-691. @QbProg and I suggested to use the Denis' approach to apply oce changes to occ codebase, but we actually never did the job, and I don't plan to do it in a short time. So, so far, @blobfish PR https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/pull/589 is the best and only candidate for a support of occ691,  I guess it requires some updates before being merged into the master branch, but let's be pragmatic and use what we have.

Regards,

Thomas

Richard Shaw

Jun 1, 2016, 9:53:38 AM6/1/16
to oce...@googlegroups.com
I haven't installed it or built anything against it but I was able to build Fedora RPMs so no issues building...

Thanks,
Richard

thatcadguy

Jun 1, 2016, 11:11:19 AM6/1/16
to oce-dev
Happy to hear this. I'm for it and I say we just do our best to fix whatever problems we find in the 6.9.1 branch and move on. 7.0.0 is already out, we're a bit behind.

blob...@gmx.com

Jun 1, 2016, 11:37:04 AM6/1/16
to oce-dev
Another gentlemen and myself have been using my 6.9.1 branch for FreeCAD with good results. FreeCAD doesn't use anything outside of modeling, so it would be good for other people on other platforms to compile and use.

If you guys to decide to abandon Denis' patch approach, I think we should discuss the git work flow. Updating to new occt releases, is unusual for git in that we start from entirely new code base. If you guys want to talk about it, start a new thread and I will join in.

thomas krijnen

Jun 2, 2016, 4:55:25 AM6/2/16
to oce-dev
Great to hear we'll have new official oce releases. 6.9 brings important improvements for downstream projects. Yet, e.g the oce cmake system remains unmatched in its possibilities.

Jim

Jun 13, 2016, 7:42:16 AM6/13/16
to oce-dev
Hi all,
As Blobfish said, his branch seems to be working well with FreeCAD for me as well.

Jim