Impact of the upcoming OpenCASCADE 7.0 release on OCE?

CY

Jan 11, 2016, 11:46:34 AM1/11/16
to oce-dev
Looking at the latest news from upstream, it appears OCCT 7.0 will include quite a lot of modernization work:

http://dev.opencascade.org/index.php?q=node/1091
http://dev.opencascade.org/index.php?q=node/1140

Does the OCE community have any sense yet of whether this will cause major problems as far as rebasing is concerned?

Cheers,
CY

Jake

Jan 11, 2016, 12:52:19 PM1/11/16
to oce...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done any of the merging in the past, but it looks like a lot of files will simply be deleted. End user code will be more affected than our library itself. I think we will have some new work to do regarding compiler warnings as a lot of code has been refactored.