Problems when building OCE

Mahmoud Zaki

May 25, 2016, 11:28:39 AM5/25/16
to oce-dev
Hello,

Please help I have been trying to make this work for weeks now! You can ignore the first paragraph and jump straight to the point in the second paragraph.

My goal was to to develop a simple Java CAD viewer for Windows 64 that supports loading .STEP CAD files. I discovered that this is possible basically with the help of OccJava.jar, OccJava.dll, and viewer3d.jar from jCAE (http://jcae.sourceforge.net/). I downloaded the precompiled binaries (jCAE-0.17-win32 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jcae/files/latest/download) and after some digging I was able to obtain what I need the 2 jars and the .dll, however the dll is for 32-bit architecture. Now the only way to get this is to build OccJava.dll from source code using cmakeswig, and OCE as described here (https://github.com/jeromerobert/jCAE/blob/master/occjava/README). As the link suggests, in order to do so I have to build OCE from source using cmake as described here (https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/wiki/Build), however I am having a hard time with this as described below.

When trying to build OCE on Windows as described here (https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/wiki/Build). First cmake requires Freetype library, so I downloaded the binaries online from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/freetype.htm and used freetype-binaries\include for FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY_ft2build and freetype-binaries\include\freetype2 for FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY_freetype2 and also \freetype-binaries\lib\freetype.lib for FREETYPE_LIBRARY and unchecked FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG.  When cmake finishes generating I was not able to find the OCE-libraries.cmake and OCE-libraries-release.cmake files that I will need later on when build OccJava Then went on as suggested in the link and build the OCE.sln with my selected generator (Visual Studio 10 Win 64 - Release).
After a long build I get errors related to FreeTypeLibrary.

Regards,
Mahmoud Zaki

Jake

May 25, 2016, 11:39:27 AM5/25/16
to oce...@googlegroups.com

Look up oce-win-bundle

Mahmoud Zaki

May 25, 2016, 2:20:11 PM5/25/16
to oce-dev
I just realized that this group is for developpers not for such questions! Excuse my ignorance.

Jake

May 25, 2016, 2:35:22 PM5/25/16
to oce...@googlegroups.com

No no, this is the place for questions. Issue tracker on github is for reporting bugs, feature requests, etc. All good.

Mahmoud Zaki

May 26, 2016, 11:19:11 AM5/26/16
to oce-dev
Hey,

I solved the problem. If anyone is interested, I was able to finally make use of oce-win-bundle after reading this https://github.com/QbProg/oce-win-bundle/issues/10 which referred me to this https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/blob/master/BUILD.MSVC.md.

Thank you!