Re: friendly suggestion from outreach comm

kotr...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2011, 3:09:03 PM11/4/11
to Miranda Joy Lovelong, portla...@gmail.com, occupyportland...@googlegroups.com, Occupy Portland Wiki Team
Hi Miranda, kotra here (member of the germinal Wiki team, and a PortlandWiki admin). Dave may have accidentally given you the wrong impression; we only work on the wiki pages themselves, we don't have keys to the Occupy Portland website, you'll have to talk to the Web Team about that. So I'm forwarding this conversation along to what I think is their mailing list, as well as CCing the wiki team mailing list.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Kotra

On Nov 3, 2011, at 12:43, Miranda Joy Lovelong <mirandaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Dave!  This is Miranda from the outreach comm, and I'm Occupying my home today doing stuff for outreach, and I was just wondering if it was an easy fix to make the red link on the occupyportland.org home page to the wiki page WAY BIGGER? UPCOMING EVENTS WIKI

We are running into a lot of "outsiders" who just don't see that link and think we aren't posting every action on the website.  My suggestion (take it or leave it), from the perspective of a person who is not familiar with basic computer stuff, and also to encourage people who might be coming to our website for the first time to get involved with our direct actions, would be to replace the words above with something like:

CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF OCCUPY EVENTS!
THIS IS A MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE,

Other wording that might help get people engaged: (not sure how / where to incorporate, leave that up to the experts - you guys are AWESOME!!!)
DON'T BE LEFT ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN, ENGAGE IT.

 Thanks!!!!!!!
Don't have to respond.  I'll remind you if I don't see any change in a few days, unless you let me know that you hate this whole idea and in that case I will walk away into a corner and sob.  LOL  :-)

-Miranda Joy Lovelong