OPW Meetup: 2012-01-04

kotra

Jan 4, 2012, 8:07:56 PM1/4/12
to Occupy Portland Wiki
Anybody up for meeting tonight to talk about Occupy Portland Wiki, and/
or try to get some work done on it? Dave and I will be at the Lucky
Lab on Hawthorne tonight at 7pm (in the medium-size, nearly empty
room).

Hope to see you there!

kotra

PS. Sorry about being inactive on the wiki lately, holidays are over
now though so I'll be able to resume my work on streamlining the Event
creation process.

Simon T.

Jan 5, 2012, 2:36:27 PM1/5/12
to occupypor...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to make it, another meeting of mine was just cancelled,
so i already was prepared to miss spokescouncil...

Simon T.

Jan 5, 2012, 7:04:43 PM1/5/12
to occupypor...@googlegroups.com

grg. sorry. i think did this last week too.

i generally check my email in the morning, so i thought this meant Thursday not Wed.
Hope the meeting went well!

I sent info on "tabs" Mark's way, did you ever learn anything good about forms Kotra?

-Simon.

Kotra D

Jan 5, 2012, 10:28:09 PM1/5/12
to occupypor...@googlegroups.com
no problem Simon, sorry I didn't send out the announcement earlier! Just so everyone knows, Dave and I will probably be continuing to have PortlandWiki / Occupy Portland Wiki meetings at 7pm Wednesdays at the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne for at least the foreseeable future. So unless someone posts here otherwise, we can expect that I think.

The last 2 meetings were mainly just work meetings for me (I worked on PortlandWiki on my laptop while Dave and an Occupy Labor fellow whose name escapes me talked about activism, labor, and Occupy). I don't mind this format, but other folks might want something more structured, perhaps along the lines of the first OPW meeting (with an "agenda" of discussion topics). All ideas welcome, or if anyone wants to step up and facilitate/organize that would also be great!

Thanks for sending the tab info to Mark. I haven't done much on forms yet (I hardly touched the wiki at all over the holidays to be honest), but I did recategorize most of the OP events to use Category:Occupy Portland Events or Category:Occupy Portland Past Events (not all are done yet though so if anyone wants to help finish up that would be great). I'm working on another PortlandWiki task at the moment (adding an "edit pencil" icon to the "improve" tab [formerly the "edit" tab], so it will stand out more), but once that is done I'll try to wrap my head around the event creation form. I appreciate you asking!

kotra