Seeking brown rice for 6/2 mjadra cooking

1 visualizzazione
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Jan

da leggere,
14 mag 2012, 23:09:3514/05/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com, PePe
Anybody got some spare short grain brown rice I could use to cook up my mean mjadra for the Extravaganza 6/2? I'm planning to go, and have some lentils left over I can use, and will donate onions. But I'm all out of brown rice. I can't lift or move much, so if someone could swing some by (SE Hawthorne area - ping me for deets), that would rock. Six cups would probably do it. (Medium or long grain brown okay too, but the short grain seems to taste/work best with my recipe).

I'm also cooking up some fine music for you all to enjoy now too (yay:). So I look forward to seeing you guys Saturday June 2th at the Regents Center again. (I'm slowly rebuilding the Jandroid, 2.0 - yay:).

I love hearing about (and even seeing, in 3 cases;) all the great gardens everyone's growing - w00t! It doesn't get more "hands on" for direct positive action than that guys - way to go! You're all amazing.

Cheers,

Jan(droid) 2.0
h) 503-847-9760 <---NEW HOME PHONE # 4/12

Uta Dunbar

da leggere,
15 mag 2012, 21:35:0915/05/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com, PePe
Hi Jan,

We have plenty of brown rice in our storage space, it's just a matter of someone with a key getting down there and picking it up.  Luckily we're not in a huge hurry ;)
I think it's great that you are cooking your mjadra for the event since it's the same dish you used to cook for us and bring to camp.
and I'm super excited to see you play - thank you so much!!

Rowan and I went into the KBOO studio on Friday to plug our event.  It will be on the air tomorrow evening - occupy radio starting at 6pm.

Love to all - Uta

--
"When the world wearies, and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the Garden"  Minnie Aumonier

Jan

da leggere,
16 mag 2012, 09:21:4616/05/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com, PePe
Well, let's put some of that brown rice to use, then;). I hope someone can fetch a bit sometime, thanks. And more good news, my friend Susan will be accompanying me on a pretty kick butt piece of music, and... (a fine chanteuse in her own right), she is eager to revive some of the old civil disobedience "anthems" as well as maybe introduce one or two new. (I know, not quite a food topic, but it's for our fund raiser event, so still applies IMHO:).

Anyway, you're in for a treat now that my ribs have snapped back into place;). See you all soon, hugs,

Jan(droid) 2.0
h) 503-847-9760

rowan kimsey

da leggere,
16 mag 2012, 16:05:1716/05/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jan,
I have a key to the storage unit and can get the rice for you. I cannot do it this week. Wednesday the 23rd is good. I can pick up your far west collection at the same time!!! Let me know if that will work for you. so glad that you and your friend will be playing.

I am still planning on you riding to the event with my family. Let me know if anything changes.
Rowan

Jan

da leggere,
16 mag 2012, 16:17:3316/05/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rowan - the 23rd should work fine presently and thanks! (Inc the recycling run FTW - w00t!) And my friend Susan just said she could take me to the event Sat 6/2, since we both realized we'd both be going then, natch, but thanks for the offer - I was glad to know I was covered one way or the other.

Thanks so much, rock on and see you next Wed (if not before for some "apitherapy";),

Jan(droid) 2.0
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra