SE gardening & NW Gardening

Kelly's Gmail

Mar 25, 2012, 5:22:09 PM3/25/12
to OccupyPortlandFoodTeam
Hello,

It was fun to garden with folks on Saturday....

I'm wondering how we communicate with folks giving their emails
interest in gardening?

At the SE assembly yesterday about 8 people expressed interest in
plugging in to the SE Gardens & we also did a ride by at a site at SE
56th & Gladstone where a women is offering her garden area to local
folks. Can we look at the possibility of the best way to connect
folks to the bigger picture of the OP Food Team.

I also wanted to mention that there is a garden work party scheduled
for Tuesday April 10 at 11am at White Shield in NW Portland. This is
not an Occupy Garden, but one being started to provide more produce
for the local LIFT UP Food Pantry at NW 18th & Irving (I'm the
volunteer program manager and Dan Currin is the garden project
coordiator)... Find out the address and more by emailing me at work
Ke...@lifturbanportland.org or 503-849-9648.

Kelly

Uta Dunbar

Mar 26, 2012, 11:00:54 AM3/26/12
to occupyportl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,
Thanks for your help on Saturday.  We really kicked some Booty!!  I'm going to post pictures and send out an update soon.
I think the best solution for contacting and connecting everyone is to start and email list and every work party announcement will go out to the list.  or if anyone is into tweeting?  we could handle it that way.  I do realize that some of our members do not have access to computers or phones so.... I don't know the best solution for that.   Perhaps we could have a spot in the office that we post our workshops for all to see???
Any other suggestions?  I can start keeping an email list if that sounds good to everyone.
Enjoy the day!
Uta
--
"When the world wearies, and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the Garden"  Minnie Aumonier

Adam Brockman

Mar 27, 2012, 2:26:11 AM3/27/12
to OccupyPortlandFoodTeam
I think an email list would be great. We should also just start
putting our work parties on the white board schedule in the office,
but we can't put the addresses, so those who don't have phone or
internet access will have to talk to somebody directly who knows
what's going on. I want lots of people to know about the work parties
but there is only so much we can do to make sure all communication
bases are covered. We have a Facebook page that will be updated with
events, but again, we can't publish addresses online for all to see,
so those who want to plug in to work parties will have to call or
email us directly. Please give my phone number and the
opdkk...@gmail.com email address out to whoever is interested in
work parties, and have them text or call for addresses of upcoming
parties. That's the best we can do for now.

Adam