Plot available

1 view

Sprout Seeds

Apr 23, 2012, 4:23:34 PM4/23/12
to occupyportl...@googlegroups.com
"Dear Friends

   I just came across this opportunity, and hope someone (two, three, more!) can take advantage of it:

Yardshare/backyard farming:  I am interested in having a gardener tend and raise produce for his/her own use, in the backyard of my rental home on 44th (south of Hawthorne). The plot is very sunny, and approximately 28′ x
45′ is available to cultivate. When I lived in the home, I raised organic fruits, veggies, flowers and herbs in raised beds with amended soil on about 1/3 of the area now available. 2/3 of the yard is still grass. The renters, while very nice, are not gardeners. They think this would be a great idea. There is a water tap in the backyard, and arrangements to share veggies with the renters in exchange for water use vs. payment for water use over the household baseline would be negotiated with the renters. I can loan a pickup for hauling compost. I can also guarantee at least three years of use to make the set-up labor worth the time invested.

Please contact Julie Chapman at 503-415-9715
"

Was sent this a few days ago. I know there are lots of plots already in line, but just wanted to forward the message.
Love!
Sprout