KBOO Interview, Our New Facebook Page, and More!

0 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Adam Brockman

no llegida,
21 de març 2012, 3:28:0321/3/12
a OccupyPortlandFoodTeam
Hi all! There have been a lot of exciting developments in the past
few days. I was interviewed by Joe from KBOO this evening for the
second ever edition of Occupy Portland Radio! I talked about who we
are, our mission, the evolution of the Food team, our gardening
projects, and more. An eight-minute segment of the half-hour
interview will be airing tomorrow (Wednesday) from 6 PM to 7 PM on
KBOO, and can also be found streaming on their website (kboo.fm). The
new Occupy Portland Radio show will be airing the 3rd and 5th
Wednesday of every month, so be sure to listen in.

The OPDX Food & Garden Team now has a Facebook page. We decided to
create this because there are so many garden work parties, workshops,
and events coming up and ongoing, we need a way to keep people up to
date on what's happening that's more easily accessible and visible
than the Google group and Occupy sites. You can get there easily by
going to facebook.com/opfoodteam. For those who are on Facebook and
prefer to be informed through there, if you visit the group page and
hit "like", you'll be updated every time we have a new event or
exciting piece of news. We'll continue to use the Google group and
Occupy sites to post about events as before.

Updates on this weekend's Saturday work party, upcoming actions and
events, as well as a Food & Garden Team fundraiser at the end of May,
are forthcoming. Thanks everyone for being a part of this awesome
team!

Hugs,

Adam

Jan

no llegida,
21 de març 2012, 17:37:5921/3/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com,Jan Droid
Thanks for the info, and the link to the FB page, Adam. (Great news about the KBOO air time). Which page I have indeed just "liked". That said, I don't know that we're gonna get a lot of traffic there either, as a lot of folks don't like having to come out "publicly" on FB with their involvement in OPDX, and or just plain hate FB in general. I hate it, frankly, but I'm on it anyway to support 2 other non-profits I'm involved with - yes, still, despite my current condition - and to now get support for said current condition. (Ehlers-Danlos - the group I found has truly kept me sane as my body fell apart last month. I'm actually slowly improving again finally, yay:). And I'm proud of OPDX Food Team, so I'm happy to "disclose" that connection publicly, now, though I prefer to be known as Jandroid. (Not all my clients would approve, sorry). But again, I just don't know that many others will care for it either, though I could be wrong.

That said, I always tried (and would try) to include links to things you want people to keep remembering, such as http://pdxga.org. Over and over. We just need a zillion reminders some times:). Maybe put it in your email signature or the like. Just a thought. You know how it is - you can lead a horse to digital water, but you can't always make it drink - or stop drinking, lol;). And now you have yet another site to maintain and check. (It's like moving digital camp around - now where did they go?:).

Just some thoughts. Not meant as criticism. Hope we can keep rallying and coordinating everyone interested in food and gardening one way or another as we slowly grow this lovely movement, literally. (Great gardening work, guys!) Happy Spring everyone, rock on,

Jandroid 2.0 (slooowly but surely rebuilding, yay)
h) 503 419 6433

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Adam Brockman <lifeluva...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all!  There have been a lot of exciting developments in the past
few days.  I was interviewed by Joe from KBOO this evening for the
second ever edition of Occupy Portland Radio!   I talked about who we
are, our mission, the evolution of the Food team, our gardening,

Echo Deóne

no llegida,
21 de març 2012, 21:06:0221/3/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com,Jan Droid
You guys are awesome! Great work!

Echo Deóne

no llegida,
22 de març 2012, 11:20:3622/3/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com
Nice Interview too Adam, we all listened to it at the Occupy office :)

Adam Brockman

no llegida,
23 de març 2012, 3:39:5923/3/12
a OccupyPortlandFoodTeam
Thank you! I haven't heard it yet, but I know that Joe and Jimmy at
KBOO are doing a wonderful job at putting the show together.

On Mar 22, 10:20 am, Echo Deóne <axsk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice Interview too Adam, we all listened to it at the Occupy office :)
>

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Echo Deóne <axsk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You guys are awesome! Great work!
>
> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Jan <jandr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Thanks for the info, and the link to the FB page, Adam. (Great news about
> >> the KBOO air time). Which page I have indeed just "liked". That said, I
> >> don't know that we're gonna get a lot of traffic there either, as a lot of
> >> folks don't like having to come out "publicly" on FB with their involvement
> >> in OPDX, and or just plain hate FB in general. I hate it, frankly, but I'm
> >> on it anyway to support 2 other non-profits I'm involved with - yes, still,
> >> despite my current condition - and to now get support for said current
> >> condition. (Ehlers-Danlos - the group I found has truly kept me sane as my
> >> body fell apart last month. I'm actually slowly improving again finally,
> >> yay:). And I'm proud of OPDX Food Team, so I'm happy to "disclose" that
> >> connection publicly, now, though I prefer to be known as Jandroid. (Not all
> >> my clients would approve, sorry). But again, I just don't know that many
> >> others will care for it either, though I could be wrong.
>
> >> That said, I always tried (and would try) to include links to things you
> >> want people to keep remembering, such ashttp://pdxga.org. *Over and over
> >> *. We just need a zillion reminders some times:). Maybe put it in your

Echo Deóne

no llegida,
26 de març 2012, 0:37:4726/3/12
a occupyportl...@googlegroups.com