Two Great Events SATURDAY to Stand Up to Climate Change!

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

James

未讀,
2013年9月19日 晚上9:50:362013/9/19
收件者:ORWC、OPalo、OStan、OMV
Hello Occupiers,

There will be two great events this Saturday -- one in Palo Alto, one in San Mateo -- to stand up against climate change and the Keystone XL pipeline in particular.

See you there!

James

*

In Palo Alto at 1 PM, Sat:

DRAW THE LINES - RISING TIDES

Greer Park (near the Basketball Courts)
1098 Amarillo Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94303

This Saturday take action and tell President Obama to Draw the Line on the Keystone XL Pipeline! We are making serious progress on Keystone and need to keep up the pressure.

Join us in Palo Alto this Saturday where we will draw a human water line in a Palo Alto neighborhood that will be underwater with just 1 foot of sea level rise. Meet at Greer Park at 1 pm and wear blue if you can! We will have a few brief speakers then we will walk to Oregon Expressway holding streamers to represent the water level rise. This will be a very visual event that will get attention! Join us and help make a strong statement to President Obama of the urgent need to take serious action on climate policy and stop the Keystone Pipeline!

*

In San Mateo at 3 PM, Sat:

CLIMATE CHANGE WILL CAUSE MORE WAR

Bank of America Building
300 S El Camino Real (cross street is 3rd Ave.)
San Mateo, CA 94401

We will meet for at least one hour at the Bank of America building to dramatize the need to stop global warming and the the burning of filthy tar sands oil run through the Keystone pipeline as that will spur more climate change. Climate change will increase global conflicts, such as the Darfur war over water, and resources will be in short supply as our coastlines are disrupted.

###
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄