ACTION ITEM: Call Assemblymembers to Stop Funding San Mateo Jail!

James

Sep 11, 2013, 7:54:08 AM9/11/13
to ORWC, OMV, OPalo, OStan
Hello all:

We found out that State Senator Jerry Hill did ANOTHER "gut and amend" on Senate Bill SB 611 to try to get preference for San Mateo County to get jail construction funding from the state. This bill will be heard in the Assembly Public Safety Committee TODAY.

What can you do to stop this?

First, please call the Assembly Public Safety Committee {contact information below} ASAP to raise concerns about SB 611.

Remember, when we did this back in August, we stopped Jerry Hill's jail bill in its tracks! Check out this article:

And when you call an Assembly member, why not mention San Mateo County's lack of accountability with their budget process and their deception of local voters, and explain why our County doesn't DESERVE state funding for a jail? Citations that you can send to them via email include:

CALL THE PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE NOW!

Tom Ammiano (Chair) Dem - 17
(916) 319-2017
P.O. Box 942849, Room 3146, Sacramento, CA 94249-0017

Melissa A. Melendez (Vice Chair) Rep - 67
(916) 319-2067
P.O. Box 942849, Room 4009, Sacramento, CA 94249-0067

Reginald B. Jones-Sawyer, Sr. Dem - 59
(916) 319-2059
P.O. Box 942849, Room 5144, Sacramento, CA 94249-0059

Holly J. Mitchell Dem - 54
(916) 319-2054
P.O. Box 942849, Room 2163, Sacramento, CA 94249-0054

Bill Quirk Dem - 20
(916) 319-2020
P.O. Box 942849, Room 2175, Sacramento, CA 94249-0020

Nancy Skinner Dem - 15
(916) 319-2015
P.O. Box 942849, Room 6026, Sacramento, CA 94249-0015

Marie Waldron Rep - 75
(916) 319-2075
P.O. Box 942849, Room 5128, Sacramento, CA 94249-0075

James

Sep 11, 2013, 12:48:51 PM9/11/13
to ORWC, OMV, OPalo, OStan
Hey all,

In case you aren't at a fax machine you can email in letters in opposition to Sandy Uribe who works for Assembly Public Safety and Curtis Notsinneh who is Public Safety staffer to Ammiano who Chairs the Public Safety Committee that will be reviewing the bill today.

Thanks for everyones swift action on this!