ENVIRONMENTALISTS TO PROTEST JERRY BROWN OCT 17

James

Sep 30, 2013, 2:27:23 AM9/30/13
to ORWC, OMV, OPalo, OStan
Hello Occupiers,

On Oct. 17, Governor Jerry Brown is being given the Right Stuff environmental award by the Blue Green Alliance.

Yet Brown just gutted and signed SB 4, which will ramp up FRACKING in California. He has declared war on CEQA, the environmental review law that is our last resort against polluters and out-of-control developers. AND he is pushing the $54 billion Orwellian-named Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP), also known as the twin tunnels:

The BDCP is really a corporate water grab for Big Ag and Big Oil that will actually destroy a valuable ecosystem, the largest estuary on the west coast of the Americas.

Indigenous peoples are also upset with the way California's carbon trading law is being used to ride roughshod over the rights of indigenous peoples around the world.

We need to show Jerry Brown that his record cannot be greenwashed by even the most well meaning organizations and that we demand a ban on fracking, the strengthening and not gutting of CEQA, and the withdrawal of the twin tunnels plan.
WHEN AND WHERE:

Thursday, Oct. 17, from 5:30 to 7 PM.

55 Cyril Magnin Street
Union Square
San Francisco, California 94102

Meet on the street in front of the hotel. A smaller group will be formed to stand at the entrance to the parking lot. Bring creative signs saying "Ban Fracking Now", "Stop The Tunnels," Don't Gut CEQA" and whatever other environmental issue you care about that Brown is assaulting.

For more info:

http://www.bluegreenalliance.org/pdf/BGA-RSA-Invite-2013.pdf

Thanks,