Films from the global uprising tonight at Flaherty NYC

1 view

nick shimkin

Oct 17, 2012, 12:14:03 PM10/17/12
to Occupy Cinema
Hi all,
It's been far too long. I hope you all had a great summer.

I'm sure some of you are already aware, but I wanted to belatedly invite you all to tonight's screening at 92Y Tribeca, part of the Flaherty NYC series curated by Mr. Jon Dierenger.
He's graciously allowed me to guest curate tonight's screening "Occupy Flaherty NYC," which is a tad misleading, as we'll be screening new short docs from NYC, Chicago and Oakland, but also Montreal and Madrid.
TONIGHT
7:30pm
92Y Tribeca screening room
200 Hudson St.
program runs 83 minutes, several filmmakers in attendance

Details here:
http://flahertyseminar.org/occupy-flaherty-nyc/  ... and facebook invite here

I'd love to see some of you there. I'm back in NYC after travels on the other coast so I'm pretty out of the loop... if anyone out there is still interested in putting together screenings/discussions/direct actions with me, I'd love to keep in touch. I've been archiving film and media from occupations, anti-austerity battles, and people's movements globally... if anyone wants to help me build up this archive, or simply wants access, just let me know.

In solidarity,
nick

--
Nick Shimkin