{NEW VIDEO} @OccupySandy #SandyAid #SandyAftermath #NYC | #FarRockaway #WeGotThis

1 view

Messiah Rhodes

Nov 8, 2012, 8:17:54 AM11/8/12
to globalrevo...@googlegroups.com, occupy...@googlegroups.com, Jane Doe
Hey All,

Visited my hometown, Far Rockaway after Hurricane Sandy and made a quick video touring the amazing people powered relief effort that is happening. More stuff is coming soon. Please share widely.

Messiah Rhodes
To ensure delivery, add no-r...@vimeo.com to your address book.

Vimeo

Rhodes Pictures shared this with you: http://vimeo.com/53052319

http://vimeo.com/53052319

ey All,

Visited my hometown, Far Rockaway after Hurricane Sandy and made a quick video touring the amazing people powered relief effort that is happening. More stuff is coming soon. Please share widely.

About this video
"A tour of devastated Far Rockaway, Queens, New York after Superstorm Sandy shows few Red Cross charities or Soldiers bringing aid, but instead everyday people, members of the community recovering and rebuilding their lives by themselves. #WeGotThis Recovering and rebuilding from Superstorm Sandy is solidarity, not charity. Charity implies an almost superficial, short-term Band-Aid solution when what's really needed is a serious long-term effort to bring communities together, not just during the month-long frenzy inspired by a disaster, but all the time in order to develop solutions that work for everyone instead of just the 1 percent." "Occupy Sandy is a coordinated relief effort to help distribute resources"

Forward this email to your friends and family so that they can watch the video too.