"#State of Revolution: A 2011 Visual Retrospective of Activism in New York" INDIEGoGo Campaign to finish Feature Length Doc

1 view

Messiah Rhodes

Dec 1, 2012, 2:51:39 PM12/1/12
to globalrevo...@googlegroups.com, occupy...@googlegroups.com, no-budget-cuts-ny-announcements
"#State of Revolution: A 2011 Visual Retrospective of Activism in New York." began when I started filming in late January of 2011, at the first Egyptian Revolution solidarity rallies at the UN. From there I knew the images of the Arab Spring inspired many around the world, then Wisconsin and soon New York City.

 As the year went along more and more everyday people stood against the growing social inequalities in their communities. I filmed a march of over 20,000 people on Wall Street in May, an occupation against Mayor Michael Bloomberg in June and July, and what became a protest movement that inspired millions all over the world, Occupy Wall Street.

We need help with post-production costs such as backing up footage, color correction, sound editing and web promotional costs.

I hope this documentary will give better context to history, appreciation for the everyday people who worked hard when the only camera filming was me. Who built a movement that has effected everything from our Presidential Elections to how we talk about race and economic inequalities in our homes.

To check out the trailer and how you can help check out this link:

Please share widely, only way this movie can be finished is with your help.

Take Care.

--
Messiah Rhodes

456110_217350085053373_847978046_o.jpg