OC in Hoberman's new book

Jon Dieringer

Sep 1, 2012, 12:57:16 PM9/1/12
to Occupy Cinema
Hey all

Hope you're doing well and would love to see you soon if I haven't!

I thought you'd all be interested in learning our Ken Jacobs Zuccotti & AFA screenings have been immortalized in the pages of J. Hoberman's latest book. On the final page of FILM AFTER FILM, he concludes by printing "...This appreciation of Once Upon a Time in Anatolia is drawn from what would be my last review for the Village Voice, a publication where I had written on film for ever thirty years. I was pleased to have concluded my run with so great a movie; it was similarly fortunate the remainder of my page was devoted to another terrific work, Ken Jacobs's [sic] Seeking the Money King which was screening that week in support of Occupy Wall Street:" He then concludes the book with his SMK writeup promoting the OC benefit at AFA. Pretty rad!

Jon

--
SCREEN SLATE / PUBLISHER/EDITOR / INDEPENDENT, REPERTORY & GALLERY SCREENING LISTINGS
SPECTACLE / HEAD PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE / 124 SOUTH 3RD STREET / BROOKLYN, NY

Shannon Vinson

Sep 2, 2012, 5:32:37 PM9/2/12
to Jon Dieringer, Occupy Cinema
Wooooow. That's really awesome!