Value: Who Decides? #7BillionBloombergs

Imani Brown

Oct 15, 2012, 1:55:05 PM10/15/12
to Imani Brown

Hi friends! Please join Occupy Museums for a discussion this Friday, October 19, 7-9PM. Part three of the four-part series of discussions on art and the marketplace at Momenta Art.

Hope to see you there! Solidarity.

Imani

Value: Who decides?

It is said that art represents our cultural heritage, our common legacy. Does it?

What value is shared when art objects become markers of class hierarchy and easily manipulated commodities, screened by auction-house connoisseurs and turned into “tangible assets” as they enter the secondary market?

But how can we value art apart from this model?

How might this value system work?

Join Occupy Museums for a discussion Friday, October 19, 7-9PM

http://occupymuseums.org

Momenta Art - 56 Bogart Street, Brooklyn

www.momentaart.org

http://www.facebook.com/events/429356323791441/declines/?notif_t=group_activity