Amendments to Zoning Code to Affect Urban Ag

Robyn Mello

Nov 24, 2012, 6:37:07 PM11/24/12
to occupy-va...@googlegroups.com, Philly Food Forests
Hello All!

Read the below e-mail & attached document describing potential new changes in the already brand newly changed Philly zoning code which would make community or market gardening illegal on certain commercially zoned properties. This change would effect the legality of gardening at The Peace Park, some lots around Fair Hill, & potentially new spaces where we want to help communities start gardens in the future.

If anyone's interested in testifying at the Rules Committee meeting on this proposed change, it's on December 4th at 10am in Room 400 of City Hall. Call Councilman Greenlee's office at 215-­686-­3446 to get on the agenda for testifying.

We don't care much about legal or illegal at this point, I know, but it would be nice to be able to prevent changes which will make gardening harder in this city.

If you have any questions, get in touch with Amy Laura Cahn or me!

Thanks
Robyn