Schedule and Announcements for Monday November 19th

Occupy Philly Daily Happenings

Nov 19, 2012, 12:23:29 AM11/19/12
4:00pm Put the Pennsylvania Prison System on Trial! Public Event -
Municipal Services Building Plaza - 15th & JFK
6:00pm Living Under Drones: A report from Pakistan - UPenn - Wharton
School - 3620 Locust Walk
6:00pm Sex, Race & Class study group (WOOP) - Friends Center
6:00pm Act-UP Weekly Meeting - St Luke's Church Basement - 330 S.
13th St Between Pine and Spruce
6:30pm Finance and Allocation Meeting - Friends Center - 1501 Cherry St

Put the Pennsylvania Prison System on Trial! Municipal Services
Building, Philadelphia. Monday, November 19, 2012 4:00pm Join
Decarcerate PA to put Governor Corbett & Department of Corrections
Secretary Wetzel on trial for crimes against Pennsylvanians. 15th &
JFK Blvd (the Municipal Services Building plaza). We charge Governor
Corbett with the misuse of funds for taking money from our schools and
putting it into the prison system. We charge Governor Corbett with
continuing policies that lock up our families, friends and neighbors,
destroy our communities and fail to make any of us safer. We charge
Secretary Wetzel with human rights abuses for the inhumane conditions
in Pennsylvania's prisons. We demand Governor Corbett cancel all
prison construction, support smart legislative reform to bring our
neighbors home and keep them home, and invest in education, social
services and health care to build safer, stronger communities! learn
more: http://decarceratePA.info/

Stop Israel's War on Gaza! Tuesday, November 20 at 1:00pm Rally at the
Bell Tower at Temple University (on 13th St. Between Montgomery and
Norris) Co-sponsored by ANSWER Philadelphia and Temple Students for
Justice in Palestine Beginning Nov. 14, Israel has launched another
major assault against the Palestinian people in Gaza called “Operation
Pillar of Cloud”. Israeli troops have been assembled at the border and
are poised to invade Gaza again. In an act designed to provoke a wider
war, missiles from Israel assassinated a top Palestinian leader and
killed and wounded many others as its planes and warships launched a
continuous onslaught of deadly bombings. Reports of the bombardment of
Gaza are continuing as bodies, including those of children, are being
brought to the hospital and morgue. This massacre if being
underwritten in large part by U.S. tax dollars. Instead of schools,
hospitals or other things our communities need, $3 billion in military
aid is being sent to Israel every year to carry out atrocities against
our Palestinian sisters and brothers. Join us for a rally and
speak-out to demand an end to the Israeli campaign of terror against
Gaza and an end to all U.S. support for Israel. Thanks to the hard
work of groups like Philly BDS, IAC, and many others we've already had
several successful demonstrations against the Israeli attack on Gaza.
I hope Philly can keep up our solidarity with the Palestinian people
with this protest (see below) co-sponsored by ANSWER Philadelphia and
Temple Students for Justice in Palestine. Although the demonstration
is at Temple, we hope that as many non-students as possible can join
Contact: phi...@answercoalition.org or sjpt...@gmail.com

BLACK FRIDAY STRIKE AGAINST WALMART Stand in solidarity with our
brothers and sisters and support them - NO SHOPPING AT ANY WALMART IN
AMERICA on Friday, November 23, 2012! Please watch this informative
documentary about WalMart and their practices, 'WalMart: The High Cost
of Low Prices':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jazb24Q2s94&noredirect=1 The historic
retail worker strikes began last Friday in Los Angeles, when 60+
people walked off work, and they quickly spread across the country.
Earlier in September, workers at warehouses owned by Walmart in
Illinois and California also went on strike. Striking workers are
demanding that Walmart end retaliatory practices against employees who
attempt to organize by Nov. 23, Black Friday. If not, they will strike
again on the biggest shopping day of the year.

Saturday, November 24, Noon - 5pm.Welcome to LOCKHEED-VILLE where the
profits of war matter,and people don't. Shanty-town encampment...Vigil
for Justice at Lockheed Martin 230 Mall Boulevard (corner of Mall &
Goddard Blvds.), King of Prussia, PA Just behind the King of Prussia
Mall. Bring your tent (if you can) and umbrella in the event of rain
Brandywine Peace Community, P.O. Box 81, Swarthmore, PA 19081 (610)
544-1818 www.brandywinepeace.com

Save the Date: LGBTQ Immigration Community Meeting II- November 29th
from 6:30-8:30pm, William Way Community Center, 1315 Spruce Street.

Are you involved in the Sandy relief effort? Do you want to be?
Organizers from all over the country and beyond have been gathering on
these Occupy Sandy NJ nightly calls to download time-sensitive
information and coordinate responses. The network is growing very
rapidly. Join us. Together, we will overcome.
http://interoccupy.net/occupysandynj/ai1ec_event/sandynjcoor/?instance_id

Events listed here include Occupy Philly related events as well as
other social justice events. For more updates be sure to check the
Occupy Philadelphia Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/OccupyPhiladelphia. Your support is greatly
appreciated!