PFF/Occupy Vacant Lots Potluck & Strategy Sharing, this Sunday, 11/25

Robyn Mello

Nov 20, 2012, 10:54:56 AM11/20/12
to occupy-va...@googlegroups.com
Where: 1113 Frankford Ave (very, very close to Girard Ave El Station)

When: Start time at 11:30, but people will be rolling through all afternoon, just as our workparties run, & a point person will be taking notes at all times. We're trying to figure out our flow, since we usually don't have meetings & many of our volunteers don't seem to like rigid start times.

Bring: warm clothes (the space is unheated), food to share, reusable dishes for yourself to eat with, water, notebook/paper, pen, brain, friends, & smiles.

Why: At our first planning meeting on 11/11, everyone who showed up was able to talk about their plans, hopes, dreams, projects, & ideas for our future & improvements we need to make. We want to start synthesizing these things into tangible tasks ASAP to get a head start on 2013, & we think that coming to consensus on breaking down into smaller groups by overarching tasks (Garden planning, Outreach, Art, Media, Legal, Finance, Construction, Point people, City liaisons, etc. as possible examples) will make things run more smoothly & be less taxing on all of us beautiful volunteers.

This meeting space is large with many places for smaller groups to break-out & discuss/plan awesome things. Please join us any time at or after 11:30am to jump in & give your ideas, or just listen to get involved in the future.

We'll sent out minutes (hopefully more concise) after this meeting, just as we did in the last.

Thanks for being you, & enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday!

All our love,