Nov. 30 Info Meeting: Boston-DC: Take Back The Capitol Dec. 5-9

Occupy The Hood

Nov 28, 2011, 8:17:55 PM11/28/11
Please share with your networks!
all those who are interested in or planning on attending Take Back The Capitol

Wed. Nov. 30 Info Meeting for Boston-DC: Take Back The Capitol Dec. 5-9

Take Back the Capitol Information Sessions

Wednesday, November 30 @ 6:30pm

150 Mt Vernon St. - 2nd Floor
Dorchester, MA

**Please note that there is an alternative meeting location in Downtown Boston
for those who are closer to this area and for people from Occupy Boston
26 West Street - 2nd Floor Downtown Boston, MA

Refreshments will be provided.
Please call Darrin Howell 617-785-2802 with any questions.

For More info on Take Back The Capitol: http://blackstonian.com/news/2011/11/boston-to-dc-take-back-the-capitol-dec-5-9/
Click here to sign up and we'll be in touch with more information:
http://bit.ly/vX3CP1

UPDATE:

Secured shared housing with beds and access to showers for all those who register.  This means 4 to a room with bunk beds at the 4H hostel, or 4 to a room in 2 double beds at a motel.  Commute each night and morning (in our provided buses).

Spread the word to your networks... fwd email, tweet, post on facebook, etc.

Boston-DC: Take Back The Capitol Dec. 5-9

Boston to
          DC
Boston to DC: Take Back The Capitol Dec. 5-9

Please join thousands of 99%-ers who are coming to Washington, DC December 5-9 to "Take Back The Capitol" from Corporate Control.

December is a big month in Washington. Congress is set to deliberate the extension of unemployment benefits for more than 2 million people and the Super-Committee is discussing devastating cuts that could destroy millions of jobs. We can have a real impact!

Interested? Click here to sign up and we'll be in touch with more information: http://bit.ly/vX3CP1

*WHEN: Monday, December 5 @ 8:00am
*WHERE: Bayside Expo Center  150 Mt Vernon St  Dorchester
*Departing Dec 5; Days of Action Dec 6-8; Returning Dec 9
FOR MORE INFORMATION Call (617) 242-2360
or visit www.massuniting.org

It's time for the 99% to be a visible, peaceful presence on Capitol Hill. By day we'll show up at Congressional hearings and the offices of K Street lobbyists, and by night we'll crash in church auditoriums, union halls, and in tents around the Capitol. It's not a luxury trip, but meals, housing and transportation will be provided.

Our goal: to remind Congress they represent ALL Americans... not just the richest 1%!

I know that time is of the essence. If you can GET THIS OUT TO YOUR NETWORKS I know we can have a strong presence in Washington D.C

>From December 5-9, we're taking our voices straight to the halls of power. We need a HUGE group from Boston to show what we're all about. Here are some ways that you can help spread the word.

  1. RSVP to the Facebook Event: We created an event for Take Back the Capitol
    RSVP to say that you'll be there and INVITE your friends
  2. Share "Take Back the Capitol" on Facebook: Click here to post the link to your wall and share it with your friends!
  3. Share "Take Back the Capitol" on Twitter: Click here to post about Take Back the Capitol on Twitter.
    We're using the hashtag #99inDC
  4. EMAIL your friends: Spread the word! click here to send your friends an email about the event.

Boston Take Back The Capitol Flyer
http://blackstonian.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Take-Back-the-Capitol-Turnout-Flyer.pdf

Boston Itinerary (Draft subject to change)
http://blackstonian.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Boston-Draft-Itinerary.pdf

What to expect in Washington DC
http://blackstonian.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DCwhattoexpectonepager.pdf

Boston Take Back The Capitol Registration Form
http://blackstonian.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Boston-Take-Back-the-Capitol-Registration-Form_FINAL.pdf
(fill this out if you are committing to attend and participate)
*Please return this completed form to MassUNITING or local organizer, fax to 617-419-1053 or scan and email to kath...@massuniting.org with the word "Capitol" in the subject line.
* Meals will be provided cafeteria style
* Lodging/accommodations will be in the hallways and floors of churches, community centers, union halls or other designated buildings. There may be opportunities to camp outside that my group lead must approve

--
WEB: www.blackstonian.com/occupythehood
EMAIL: occupythe...@gmail.com