Fwd: Community Seed Exchange Saturday, May 27, Sebastopol

Emerald

May 16, 2017, 7:30:12 AM5/16/17
to OSC GMO Googlegroup

Can't See This Message? View in a browser

This is the logo
Saturday, May 27

at the Community Seed Exchange,
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 500 Robinson Road, Sebastopol

Monarchs and Milkweed: Can the Monarch Butterfly Be Saved from Extinction?

11:00 am - 12:00 pm

Monarch butterfly populations have been declining in serious numbers for years. These valuable pollinators need help from home gardeners. Come to this workshop and learn about the life cycle of the Monarch Butterfly, its distribution in the United States, reasons for concern and hope for this amazingly beautiful butterfly. Class will be taught by Master Gardener Suzanne Clarke. She will explain what the home gardener can do to help their survival. You will also find out about her caterpillar-to-butterfly cage, where you can watch the growth and metamorphosis yourself.

Suzanne Clarke has been a gardener all of her life, beginning when she first helped her grandmother pick peonies and lilies to take to the cemetery in Indianapolis for Memorial Day when she was a youngster. She has lived and gardened in Germany, Taiwan, England, Zimbabwe, as well as in the United States.

9:00 am - 10:30 am

Work Party

Join us  in the Seed Garden
located on site, where we grow many of the seeds offered in our library. A great way to learn more  about seed saving and gardening. Always optional!!

9:00 am – 12:00 pm

Seed Library

We are a grassroots community seed bank that supports Sonoma County gardeners with free,
open-pollinated, locally grown,
pesticide- and GMO-free seeds.
All gardeners with or without seeds to share are welcome.

Save Seeds, Share Seeds

We hope that many gardeners
will commit to grow out and donate back to the seed library.

Learn about seed saving here