Earth Action Campaign Meeting - Agenda for 2/20/17

Steve

Feb 17, 2017, 2:49:46 AM2/17/17
to OSC GMO Campaign, OSC Earth Action Campaign

Occupy Sonoma County

OSC Earth Action Campaign Meeting* - Agenda for 2/20/17 - 7pm-9pm
Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County
467 Sebastopol Avenue, Santa Rosa 95401
map

7:00-7:15 pm - gather or phone-in (641-715-3580, PIN: 933092#. Note: OSC will reimburse you for phone charges)
7:15 pm - meeting start
9:00 pm - meeting end

SETUP
Convener: Steve
Allocate meeting tasks (assign facilitator, notetaker, timekeeper, vibeswatcher)

Note: if you have not facilitated recently, please consider facilitating with our support

CHECK-INS
Brief personal check-ins (3 minutes each)
Note: the order of the next two items can be swapped per facilitator preference or group consensus.

REPORTS BACK
What have you been working on?
Other tasks you agreed to do at the last meeting
Summary of Previous Meetings (Monthly Meeting, Media & Publicity)
Environment in the news (GMOs, climate change, etc.)

AGENDA REVIEW

Review agenda
Decide agenda order and what to include

Set times for each topic & set a time to start the agenda

PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
(note: email st...@ocsoco.org if you want to add an item)

GMO Article for Peace Press (quick?)
Originated by Rebel for Measure M campaign.
On Titanpad for group edit
ing: https://osc.titanpad.com/90
Submission deadline 2/27. 600 words max.

Taqueria Letter (Carol - quick?)

Earth Action Promotion (Emerald / Steve)
EA Listserv - send out announcement / subscriber request
New EA Handout

Sunú movie screening
? (Steve)

Summary of Movie. What do we need to do to screen? Does OSC want to take this on?

Tipping Point Campaign
Tabled from last EA meeting

March Climate Change Teach-in
Review assigned responsibilities
Press Release (Roni) / PSA status

Interviews

Flyer status / distribution

May MAM Event
Continue discussion

July Event Discussion

It would take 5% of US consumers asking for GMO-free to be the tipping point.

Monsanto's stock is declining. A clear sign of this occurred when the president of Whole Foods confessed that when a product becomes verified as Non-GMO or GMO-free, sales leap by 15-30 percent. Of all the categories of health and wellness claims, such as “gluten-free,” etc, “GMO-free” products have the most rapid growth in sales.

We can win this! Together we can stop GMOs.

707-877-6650

http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
http://OccupySonomaCounty.org/es (en español)
http://www.facebook.com/OccupySonomaCounty
https://twitter.com/OcSoCo

* meeting was formerly called the GMO Campaign

To unsubscribe, go to our
contact page, enter your email address, check the 'UNSUBSCRIBE' radio button for 'Earth Action Campaign' & click submit.

1.0170216