Earth Action Campaign Meeting - Agenda for 3/20/17

Steve

Mar 17, 2017, 12:55:23 PM3/17/17
to OSC GMO Campaign

Occupy Sonoma County

OSC Earth Action Campaign Meeting* - Agenda for 3/20/17 - 7pm-9pm
Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County
467 Sebastopol Avenue, Santa Rosa 95401
map

7:00-7:15 pm - gather or phone-in (641-715-3580, PIN: 933092#. Note: OSC will reimburse you for phone charges)
7:15 pm - meeting start
9:00 pm - meeting end

SETUP
Convener: Steve
Allocate meeting tasks (assign facilitator, notetaker, timekeeper, vibeswatcher)

Note: if you have not facilitated recently, please consider facilitating with our support

CHECK-INS
Brief personal check-ins (3 minutes each)
Note: the order of the next two items can be swapped per facilitator preference or group consensus.

REPORTS BACK
What have you been working on?
Other tasks you agreed to do at the last meeting
Summary of Previous Meetings (Monthly Meeting, Media & Publicity)
Environment in the news (GMOs, climate change, etc.)

Peter - Garden boxes - problems with wood supply. Increased costs for better (grade 2) lumber.

AGENDA REVIEW
Review agenda
Decide agenda order and what to include

Set times for each topic & set a time to start the agenda

PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
(note: email st...@ocsoco.org if you want to add an item)

Taqueria Letter (Carol - quick?)

Earth Action Promotion (Emerald / Steve)
Update on EA Listserv
Status of new EA Handout
Earth Day - April 22
Space reserved?
Peter volunteered to table. Others?
Terminology to Describe OSC's Support of Campaigns Like Standing Rock
'eco-activism' - does not address environmental racism that Standing Rock symbolizes
'climate justice'
'intersectionality'

MAM Event - Sunú movie screening
Current plans: Sat, May 20 at 7 pm. Arlene Francis Center
OSC preview of film?
Arrange interview with director via Skype?

Tipping Point Campaign
Tabled from last EA meeting
March Climate Change Teach-in
Final review
Media & publicity status (PR, PSA, WaccoBB, interviews, flyer distribution)
Attendee evaluation forms
July Event
Climate Change Summit
    Outreach to groups
    Flyer
    Event details
        Time, Potluck?, description
Plastic Free Month

It would take 5% of US consumers asking for GMO-free to be the tipping point.

Monsanto's stock is declining. A clear sign of this occurred when the president of Whole Foods confessed that when a product becomes verified as Non-GMO or GMO-free, sales leap by 15-30 percent. Of all the categories of health and wellness claims, such as “gluten-free,” etc, “GMO-free” products have the most rapid growth in sales.

We can win this! Together we can stop GMOs.

707-877-6650

http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
http://OccupySonomaCounty.org/es (en español)
http://www.facebook.com/OccupySonomaCounty
https://twitter.com/OcSoCo

* meeting was formerly called the GMO Campaign

To unsubscribe, go to our
contact page, enter your email address, check the 'UNSUBSCRIBE' radio button for 'Earth Action Campaign' & click submit.

1.0170317

Rebel Fagin

Mar 17, 2017, 1:08:55 PM3/17/17
to Steve, OSC GMO Campaign
On the Sunu event. It needs to be May 18th, a Thursday. That's when AFC shows films. There's more to it that we should probably discuss on Monday and should probably be an agenda item. - Rebel

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org
---