Earth Action Campaign Meeting - Agenda for 1/16/17

1 view

Steve

Jan 16, 2017, 1:28:40 AM1/16/17
to OSC GMO Campaign, OSC Earth Action Campaign

Occupy Sonoma County

OSC Earth Action Campaign Meeting* - Agenda for 1/16/17 - 7pm-9pm
Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County
467 Sebastopol Avenue, Santa Rosa 95401 map

*Note: We have changed the name of this meeting from GMO Campaign to the Earth Action Campaign.

7:00-7:15 pm - gather or phone-in (641-715-3580, PIN: 933092#. Note: OSC will reimburse you for phone charges)
7:15 pm - meeting start
9:00 pm - meeting end

PRE-AGENDA ITEMS
Allocate meeting tasks (assign facilitator, notetaker, timekeeper, vibeswatcher)
Note: if you have not facilitated recently, please consider facilitating with our support

CHECK-INS
Brief personal check-ins (3 minutes each)

Note: the order of the next two items can be swapped per facilitator
preference or group consensus.

AGENDA REVIEW
  • Review agenda
  • Decide agenda order and what to include
  • Set times for each topic & set a time to start the agenda

REPORTS BACK
  • What have you been working on?
  • Other tasks you agreed to do at the last meeting
  • Environment in the news (GMOs, climate change, etc.)

PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS

The Earth Action Campaign
  • Explain the reason for changing the name of this meeting to any newcomers
  • Define the relationship between the Earth Action Campaign and the GMO Campaign
  • Decide how to present OSC campaigns on the OSC website
  • New listserv for EA and Special Announcement to be sent to GMO listserv

2017 MAM event
  • Continue MAM event discussion from November GMO meeting
  • Possibilities: have a concert or a party instead of a rally.
  • Propose/decide on 2017 MAM event
March Climate Change Teach-in
  • Who is the presenter? The 'Our Green Challenge' group (Veronica Jacobi) has been asked.
  • Ideas on what should be presented: define 'climate disruption'; compare and contrast terminology: global warming, climate change, climate disruption; scientific consensus; climate skepticism; how much time do we have to act?; actions to take individually and in groups; local and national groups fighting climate change; how Trump and a Republican Congress will affect progress.
  • Media and publicity plan

It would take 5% of US consumers asking for GMO-free to be the tipping point.

Monsanto's stock is declining. A clear sign of this occurred when the president of Whole Foods confessed that when a product becomes verified as Non-GMO or GMO-free, sales leap by 15-30 percent. Of all the categories of health and wellness claims, such as “gluten-free,” etc, “GMO-free” products have the most rapid growth in sales.

We can win this! Together we can stop GMOs.

707-877-6650

http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
http://OccupySonomaCounty.org/es (en español)
http://www.facebook.com/OccupySonomaCounty