GMOs IN THE NEWS

Emerald

Apr 4, 2017, 4:13:13 AM4/4/17
to OSC GMO Googlegroup
Occupy Sonoma County
GMOs IN THE NEWS

If you are not comfortable clicking on a link in an email you can cut and paste the link into your browser.

1) Syngenta buy raises Chinese fears of GMO impacts on health

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/wall-street-journal/syngenta-buy-raises-chinese-fears-of-gmo-impacts-on-health/news-story/8342b680d45eb769b301d248f9558712

2) 16 European Nations Vote Against GMO Crops

http://www.ecowatch.com/eu-nations-vote-against-gmo-crops-2332080511.html?xrs=RebelMouse_fb&ts=1490717131

3) Cargill strengthens its non-GMO supply chain

http://gmwatch.org/news/latest-news/17524-cargill-strengthens-its-non-gmo-supply-chain

4) Why Researchers Are Concerned This Pesticide May Cause Cancer

http://time.com/4711846/roundup-weed-killer-cancer/

5) USDA Drops Plan To Test For Monsanto Weed Killer In Food

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/usda-drops-plan-to-test-for-monsanto-weed-killer-in_us_58d2db4ee4b062043ad4af84

6) GMO golden rice shows stunted and abnormal growth with reduced grain yield

http://gmwatch.org/news/latest-news/17470-gmo-golden-rice-shows-stunted-and-abnormal-growth-with-reduced-grain-yield

7) Glyphosate Residue Free Certification Creates New Transparency Shift for US Consumers

http://detoxproject.org/glyphosate-residue-free-certification-creates-new-transparency-shift-for-us-consumers/

8) EPA Scientific Review Board Split Over Glyphosate Safety

http://sustainablepulse.com/2017/03/21/epa-scientific-review-board-split-over-glyphosate-safety-review/#.WONP7SMrIy5

9) Monsanto Weed Killer Roundup Faces New Doubts on Safety in Unsealed Documents

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/monsanto-roundup-safety-lawsuit.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

10) US Congressman Calls for DOJ Investigation into EPA-Monsanto Glyphosate Collusion

http://sustainablepulse.com/2017/03/17/us-congressman-calls-for-doj-investigation-into-epa-monsanto-glyphosate-collusion/#.WONSZCMrIy4

 GMO news is everywhere now - not just in the progressive news.  We are winning!  The tipping point is here.  What are you doing to push GMOs over the edge?  Our shopper's guide can help.  Together we can stop GMOs!

707-877-6650
http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
(en español)

Occupy Sonoma County embraces the egalitarian, deep democracy principles of the Occupy Movement with a regional strategy for effectively organizing county-wide social justice campaigns that are globally relevant.

Emerald

Apr 11, 2017, 5:46:36 AM4/11/17
to OSC GMO Googlegroup
Occupy Sonoma County
GMOs IN THE NEWS

If you are not comfortable clicking on a link in an email you can cut and paste the link into your browser.

1) Moms Exposed to Monsanto Weed Killer Means Bad Outcomes for Babies

2) Dr. Mercola and Ronnie Cummins on GMOs (Video - full Interview)

3) 4 Tactics Used by Monsanto to Undermine Potential Link Between Glyphosate and Cancer
http://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-glyphosate-cancer-link-2326735532.html

4) California Becomes First State to Declare Glyphosate Causes Cancer
http://www.ecowatch.com/california-roundup-cancer-warning-2335205128.html

5) Jane Goodall: How Can We Believe It Is a Good Idea to Grow Our Food With Poisons?
http://www.ecowatch.com/goodall-grow-food-poison-2308038609.html

6) How to Feed the World Without Destroying the Planet
http://www.ecowatch.com/island-earth-gmos-hawaii-2336368039.html

7) Unsealed Court Documents Suggest Monsanto Ghostwrote Research to Coverup Roundup Cancer Risk
http://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-cancer-roundup-coverup-2317043832.html

8) California Judge Rules Against Monsanto, Allows Cancer Warning on Roundup
http://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-california-ruling-roundup-2310904321.html

9) 17 Food Heroes Who Are Making the World a Better Place
http://www.ecowatch.com/food-heroes-food-tank-2315516356.html

The tipping point is here.  What are you doing to push GMOs over the edge?  Our shopper's guide can help.

Get involved and join us at our next Earth Action Campaign meeting on Monday, April 17, 7-9 PM, Peace & Justice Center, 467 Sebastopol Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401.