Action Alert

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Maga McLarty

未讀,
2014年2月2日 凌晨12:10:262014/2/2
收件者:occupy-...@googlegroups.com

Action Alert!

Monday, Feb 3 at 6 pm - Vigils in Livingston and Bozeman urging President Obama to reject Keystone XL pipeline - Details below

Friday the State Department released its Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) on Keystone XL, starting the official countdown to a final decision by President Obama on the pipeline.

Big oil hand-picked the reviewers of the pipeline, which means the report avoids taking a stand on the pipeline’s climate impacts -- leaving the ball entirely in President Obama’s court. As always, he has all the evidence he needs to reject the pipeline.

The last time State released an FEIS about Keystone XL in 2011, 59 people were arrested that same day just outside the White House in what was just day 6 of a two week sit-in to stop the pipeline.  Four women from Montana Women For… were among those arrested.  In all, over 2100 people were arrested in that action. Those sit-ins grew to actions across the country, which grew to a historic rally that surrounded the White House and forced President Obama to delay the pipeline, keeping millions of barrels of oil in the ground and millions of dollars out of the hands of big oil.

In other words, today is just the starting point for the next crucial phase of this fight.

As we showed in 2011, the only time you can count on the President is when you have him completely surrounded. And so it’s up to us to mobilize again, and put the pressure on from all sides.

Step one is to show our resolve and disappointment in this broken process. On Monday night, all across the country, people will be gathering to mark this moment together at protest vigils, where we will light the night with our resolve to keep fighting. We need to show the media, big oil and the President that this movement is mobilized and unafraid. Can you be there?

Bozeman: In front of the old Courthouse, 311 W. Main

Monday Feb 3
6:00 pm
Please bring candles and signs with messages about climate change, oil spills, president Obama's promises, and alternatives to dirty oil.
For more information, contact Kristen Walser 551-0388

Livingston:  In front of the Post Office at the NW corner of 2nd St and Callender

Monday, Feb 3
6:00 pm
We'll have candles and maybe some lanterns, sign making supplies, and hot chocolate and tea.  Please bring signs with messages about climate change, Oil spills, President Obama's promises, and alternatives to dirty oil.  If you have a candle or lantern (this is Livingston, after all, and candles in the wind just might not work), please bring it.
For more information, contact Linda Kenoyer 223-5882, Joan Kresich 222-5279, or Margarita McLarty 333-4746

Joe Newman

未讀,
2014年2月2日 上午8:58:342014/2/2
收件者:occupy-...@googlegroups.com