Message from the Helena Coalition for a New America
Join the Helena Coalition for a New America in protesting the Obama Administration's threats of illegal air
strikes in Syria!
Join us on:
· Saturday, September 7th, 2pm at the Montana State Capitol in Helena, MT, to
protest against US involvement in Syria!
· Monday, 7pm at Senator Baucus' Helena office, 30 W 14th St in Helena
The United States is considering military air strikes against Syria for a
recent deployment of chemical weapons. However, it is imperative that we,
the American people, stand up against this war effort.
1) No one knows who used the chemical weapons. UN and US offer competing
2) Even if Assad used chemical weapons, US military strikes would be
assisting a coalition of forces which house members of al-Qaida. We do
not know who to support.
3) Military airstrikes will not accomplish anything other than death of
innocent Syrians, lock the US into a prolonged conflict in the region and
risk deploying more chemical weapons stockpiled in Syria.
4) We must avoid wars! We live in an age where we should be spending money
on building lives up and helping the world rather than destroying it.
5) Think about the environmental impacts of the cost of war.
Bring your own signs, and prepare for weather.
We may march if numbers get large enough.
Attached: PDF file with flyer.
Vigil Against US Military Intervention in Syria