Helena Protest (Saturday) and Vigil (Monday) Against US Military Intervention in Syria -- SATURDAY, 2pm at the Capitol and MONDAY, 7pm at Senator Baucus' Helena office -- Sponsor: Helena Coalition for a New America

Francis Kromkowski

Sep 6, 2013, 6:51:53 PM9/6/13
to Occupy Helena Discussion List, Occupy Bozeman Discussion List, Occupy Missoula

Helena Protest and Vigil Against US Military Intervention in Syria

Ø Protest:

 Saturday, 2pm at the Capitol

          and

Ø Vigil:

Monday, 7pm at Sen.  Baucus’ Helena office

·       Sponsor: Helena Coalition for a New America

Helena Coalition for a New America

https://www.facebook.com/HelenaCFNA

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-prn2/592273_706877369325854_360992819_n.jpg

Helena Coalition for a New America

We are a group of Helena Citizens who are aiming toward creating a new vision of American politics by of and for the people, rather than just the rich and powerful.

https://www.facebook.com/email_open_log_pic.php?c=18981949&mid=8940df2G5af32d59f342G2e8e85eGe5

Message from the Helena Coalition for a New America

Join the Helena Coalition for a New America in protesting the Obama Administration's threats of illegal air
strikes in Syria!

Join us on:

·       Saturday, September 7th, 2pm  at the Montana State Capitol in Helena, MT, to
protest against US involvement in Syria!

https://www.facebook.com/events/511002848988261/permalink/511822618906284/

and

·       Monday, 7pm at Senator Baucus' Helena office, 30 W 14th St in Helena

https://www.facebook.com/events/232504800236896/permalink/232892580198118/

http://civic.moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id=326&id=&search_distance=30&search_zip=59601&submit=Search

The United States is considering military air strikes against Syria for a
recent deployment of chemical weapons. However, it is imperative that we,
the American people, stand up against this war effort.

1) No one knows who used the chemical weapons. UN and US offer competing
explanations.

2) Even if Assad used chemical weapons, US military strikes would be
assisting a coalition of forces which house members of al-Qaida. We do
not know who to support.

3) Military airstrikes will not accomplish anything other than death of
innocent Syrians, lock the US into a prolonged conflict in the region and
risk deploying more chemical weapons stockpiled in Syria.

4) We must avoid wars! We live in an age where we should be spending money
on building lives up and helping the world rather than destroying it.

5) Think about the environmental impacts of the cost of war.

Bring your own signs, and prepare for weather.

We may march if numbers get large enough.

            Attached:  PDF file with flyer.

Vigil Against US Military Intervention in Syria

Helena Coalition for a New America

https://www.facebook.com/HelenaCFNA

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8772 (20130906) __________

http://www.eset.com