Fwd: [OBupdates] Fwd: Join DSA to say no to the altright, THIS Saturday

Terra

Aug 14, 2017, 10:52:20 PM8/14/17

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [OBupdates] Fwd: Join DSA to say no to the altright, THIS Saturday
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:30:26 -0400
From: OB Updates Announcement List <obup...@lists.mayfirst.org>
To: obup...@lists.occupyboston.org

Most of you will by now have heard of the shameful, tragic events
surrounding the white nationalist-led “Unite the Right” rally in
Charlottesville, Virginia. These events make plain the importance of
uniting all parts of the community that reject the violent hatred of the
resurgent far right in this country, and uprooting the fascist movements
before they can spread.

Far-right elements have planned a “Free Speech Rally” on Boston Common on
the afternoon of Saturday, the 19th. While claiming to be gathering in
support of free speech, previous experience – and the list of speakers –
makes plain that that is a fig leaf for fascists, white nationalists,
anti-immigrant activists, sexists, and other hateful and pernicious
elements from the “alt-right.”

There has been a widespread community response to make clear that the
“alt-right” has no place in Boston. We invite and encourage DSA members,
and their friends, comrades, and family, to attend either the Stand for
Solidarity rally, which takes place in front of the State House (and on the
parts of the Common nearby) with a formal start-time at noon (
https://www.facebook.com/events/175606822982714/), or the Fight Supremacy
march, starting at Reggie Jackson Track Center in Roxbury at 10 AM and
marching to the common (https://www.facebook.com/events/165697793990647/).
Both events are dedicated to making our opposition to hate and fascism
plain, to commemorating lives lost and people harmed by the far right, and
to building solidarity in our communities.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to pro...@bostondsa.org.
We hope to see many of you on Saturday.

Solidarity!

Peter Berard (on behalf of the DSA Boston Protest Team)

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11

Attached Message Part