Fwd: [Community_forum] NEWTON: How many works...ideas on how to build community money systems: A Presentation: Credit to the People! 3/18 and 3/19/16

Terra

Mar 16, 2016, 2:34:01 PM3/16/16

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: A Presentation: Credit to the People! 3/18 and 3/19/16
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:27:43 -0400
From: Margaret Arndt <msa...@verizon.net>
To: credit-to-the-people <credit-to-...@googlegroups.com>

A Presentation:
Credit to the People

From Money Controlling People - to People Controlling Money

Friday Evening March 18th from 7 to 10 pm, and all day Saturday March 19, 2016 from 10 am to 5 pm
at Bocca Bella Cafe http://www.boccabellacafe.com - 442 Lexington Street, Newton (Auburndale), MA 02466

A Participatory, Dynamic, Community Building Seminar to address the problems with our money system and proposed solutions.

Solutions include Mutual Credit and Sociocracy, Public Banks, Interdependence Funds, and eventually restructuring the Federal Reserve System.

Do you know who issues the dollars we all have to use?  Do you know what they are issued for?  Do you know when they are issued?  Do you know who regulates the money supply and for what purpose?  Do you know why the Federal Debt never gets paid off?  Do you know why the system requires continual growth and why we deplete our natural resources at such an alarming rate? Do you know why you don’t know the answers to these questions?  Do you know why even most bankers do not know the answers to these questions?

The culture would have us believe that our problems are a result of human nature.  However, by highlighting your life experiences, we can demonstrate that the problems we face arise from the distortion of human nature brought about by the way money is issued and mis-allocated.  If we issue money to capitalize what we value and want to dedicate our lives to, then the economy and society will reflect our values and capitalize our capacities.

Come join us for a genuine community building experience as we explore the work that a small, dedicated group has developed over the past four years.  We will learn together about Concordian Economics and how to issue money to create communities dedicated to the common good.

We will gather on Friday Evening March 18th from 7 to 10 pm, and all day Saturday March 19, 2016 from 10 am to 5 pm at Bocca Bella Cafe http://www.boccabellacafe.com  (442 Lexington Street, Newton (Auburndale), MA 02466), which will make available a vegetarian buffet: $20 dinner from 7 to 8 pm on 3/18, and $15 lunch from 12 to 1 pm on 3/19. Requested donation for Credit To The People: $25.

For more information and to rsvp, go to: http://www.meetup.com/Whole-Health-Dinners-Gatherings-and-Presentations/events/228874452/ or contact Margaret Arndt at 617 244-1966 or msa...@verizon.net, or John Root at 413 329-3200 or johng...@gmail.com.

Check out www.credittothepeople.org for general information about monetary reform.

This seminar is for educational purposes only.

Attached Message Part