[OCC News] Reminder - 2 events this weekend

OCC News

Nov 20, 2009, 6:12:47 PM11/20/09
to occ...@centerforconscience.org
We had a fantastic time at the Peace Festival last Saturday. I took some pictures and have posted them online at
http://picasaweb.google.com/peacearena/2009PeaceFest
Oklahoma Center for Conscience centerforconscience.org
Counter Recruitment Planning meeting
Saturday, Nov. 21, 1:30 pm
Location: Red Cup, 13122 N Classen Blvd, OKC

Some of the young activists in our community are anxious to do counter recruitment work -- from getting literature in schools' counseling offices to making classroom presentations. It's exciting that the energy for this work is coming from young people, so we are making every effort to provide the infrastructure and resources they need.I hope some of the more seasoned activists on this list will get involved as well to give them the benefit of experience and other guidance

We're meeting tomorrow at Red Cup in OKC to discuss the work and plan for a hands on workshop set for Jan 9. Please join us!

You are also invited to spread this info to anyone you know who may be interested. We'll send out a report on the details of our plans in the near future.

Email me at in...@centerforconscience.org if you have questions.

Rethink Afghanistan
OCC and the Peace House are co sponsoring a screening of the new film from Robert Greenwald, Rethink Afghanistan. Learn from experts about issues and probable consequences of an escalation of military involvement there -- from military and policy experts.
Sunday, Nov. 22
Location: Church of the Open Arms, 3131 N. Penn, OKC
  • 4:15 pm: Early seating & Refreshments
  • 4:30 pm SHOW STARTS
  • 5:59 pm DISCUSSION “What to do Now”
If you attend, you can sign the petition calling for civilian solutions, or you can add your name at the film’s website, rethinkafghanistan.com.

Thanks for your ongoing support for OCC's work and for all you do for Peace in our world and community,

Rena

****

Oklahoma Center for Conscience  - centerforconscience.org
Donations are tax deductible. Mail to OCC, 504 NE 16th, OKC 73104

Subscription control: