[OCC News] Wednesday on PBS - MLK: A Call To Conscience

OCC News

Mar 30, 2010, 5:46:08 PM3/30/10
to occ...@centerforconscience.org
Hello Friends,

We're sending out a special email to make sure you know about this
important program that will premiere on PBS tomorrow night.

MLK: A Call to Conscience
The second episode of Tavis Smiley Reports examines Martin Luther
King, Jr.'s stand against the Vietnam War and the influence of his
legacy today. Tavis speaks with scholars and friends of King,
including Cornel West, Vincent Harding and Susannah Heschel.

There are clips and other resources on this web site:
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/reports/episode-two.html

SCHEDULE (on OETA/KETA from Oklahoma City at Central Daylight Time;
check link below for other stations):

Wednesday, March 31 — 07:00pm
Thursday, April 01 — 07:00pm (OETA OKLA only)
Friday, April 02 — 04:00am

Check local schedule: http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/reports/schedule.html

In addition, we recommend the interview with Tavis Smiley by Amy
Goodman on Democracy Now! on Monday. A video and transcript can be
found at http://www.democracynow.org/2010/3/29/as_obama_visits_afghanistan_tavis_smiley

I'm sure we'll be getting this DVD for our library when it is
available for purchase, but you don't want to miss seeing it now. I'm
sure it will provide a great vehicle for discussion with family,
friends, co-workers and neighbors about hearing and following the call
of conscience, the real peace that involves justice and the ongoing
efforts to change our country's policy to prioritize human needs
instead of war.

If those you speak to about the program show interest, be sure to tell
them about OCC too! Our website and contact info are below.

Thanks again for your support for OCC's programs and services.

Rena Guay
OCC Administrative Coordinator

* * * *
On Facebook? Become a fan of OCC's page:
http://www.facebook.com/CenterForConscience/

You're invited to join our email discussion group (more frequent news and
info sharing)? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/okobjector

Our monthly business meetings start at 2 PM at Joy Mennonite unless
otherwise announced (check our website). All welcome

Previous issues of this newsletter are available at the online archive
(http://groups.google.com/group/occ-news)

* * * *

Oklahoma Center for Conscience - centerforconscience.org
Donations are tax deductible. Mail to OCC, 504 NE 16th, OKC 73104

Subscribe/unsubscribe: