[OCC News] OCC ready to spread Dr. King's message of peace in OKC MLK holiday parade

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

OCC News

未讀,
2011年1月16日 晚上9:30:262011/1/16
收件者:okobj...@yahoogroups.com、okcount...@yahoogroups.com、oklahomaci...@yahoogroups.com、occ...@centerforconscience.org、Anita Hopson Malone、April Webber、Kenneth Meador、Brett Anderson、roger harkness、Amy Zuback、Stephanie Heck、edward shadid、Robert Vincent、Jonathon Whalen、Phil Newberry、Dilon Newberry、Joseph Lloyd
OCC friends:

I'm very psyched -- we made banners and signs for our MLK parade contingent today and I think it will be a very powerful statement if we can get enough people to hold them. The signs are quotes from MLK on peace -- very important messages for today's world as you probably know. Need four to hold the banners, and up to 8 for our quote signs. If we are lucky enough to get more to join us, we can hand out some materials, or just wave the peace sign. It won't be that cold, so should be a very pleasant and fulfilling afternoon. Please share this call with your OKC friends.

I know there are many other good organizations that have contingents, and you may be already committed to go with them, but if you have no one to march with, you are invited to come be part of this new outreach event for us.

Event details:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180913671939249&ref=nf

1/17/11, position #99, corner of Hudson and 8th -- be there at 12:30

Full schedule of events in OKC (and find Tulsa events below the article in a comment): oklahomacitizen.org

Regardless of how you spend this wonderful American holiday, I hope it is a powerful experience of

Peace,

Rena
for Oklahoma Center for Conscience

P.S. Thank you to our donors in 2010! If you have the means, please contribute to support OCC's work of resisting war and spreading resources for peace-focused careers. See centerforconscience.org/donations

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息