[CCA News] Restoring Justice Oklahoma: Death Penalty Education Campaign kicks off with public signing of 'Declaration of Life'

CCA News

Aug 20, 2014, 11:36:11 PM8/20/14
to ne...@peacehouseok.org, occ...@centerforconscience.org, OC...@yahoogroups.com
A message from Zach Gleason, pastor at Joy Mennonite Church:

One of the primary obstacles standing in the way of death penalty abolition is misinformation. Most popular opinion is not informed by facts. Together we will examine the issues, discuss methods to educate the public, and plan concrete action. To conclude we will be signing "The Declaration of Life", a document which requests that the death penalty not be pursued in the event that we become victims of violent crime.

Join us on Thursday, August 21 at Epworth UMC will mark the official launch of the RJO Death Penalty Education Campaign! At the event you can expect: a model presentation, organizing guidelines, tips for discussing the issues with people, declaration of life signing, finger foods, and numerous ways to get involved. Please come prepared to actively participate. Greeters will be located to assist in finding the Parlor. See you then.

Thursday, August 21
Epworth United Methodist Parlor Room
1901 N. Douglas, OKC
6:30-8:30 pm

Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/690408167699841/

RJO is a project of the Center for Conscience in Action.