[CCA News] Sadie Mast, Chelsea Manning, GPTSR to be honored for courageous activism - 10/26

CCA News

Oct 22, 2014, 10:10:30 PM10/22/14
A message from the Center for Conscience in Action (formerly Oklahoma Center for Conscience).

Please forward and share widely.

You are invited to join us for a loving and informal celebration of extraordinary activists as we honor the 2014 recipients of our Oklahoma Courageous Peacemakers awards.

OKLAHOMA COURAGEOUS PEACEMAKERS AWARDS PROGRAM
Sunday, Oct. 26;  4 - 5:30 pm
Church of the Open Arms
3131 N. Penn. Blvd, OKC

2014 Honorees:

  • Sadie Mast - for a life dedicated to building and loving community and world through countless organizations, projects and events
  • Chelsea Manning - for the selfless sacrifice of her freedom to expose war crimes and hold our government accountable
  • Great Plains Tar Sands Resistance - for their education and direct action campaign to stop the extraction and transport of tar sands

The public is invited to this free event. Light refreshments will be served. Donations gratefully accepted.

Included in the schedule is a presentation about CCA projects, including the Fort Hood Support Network a GI support organization located near Ft. Hood Texas; Restoring Justice Oklahoma, a project confronting the death penalty and the prison system; and a community bicycle recycling founded by Richard Geary that has received a grant from CCA.

A flyer and a more detailed article about the awards is attached, or available online at www.centerforconscience.org/tag/awards .

For more information, contact CCA through the website or call 405.598.7362.
CCA awards 2014 flyer.pdf