Startup Saturday 12 September,09 Event Update

manish sonkar

Sep 9, 2009, 2:49:46 PM9/9/09
to occ-k...@googlegroups.com

SS.gif

HeadStart_logo.png

Startup Saturday September,09 Event Update

Hi,

Headstart Kolkata is pleased to announce the Startup Saturday (SS) event for the month of September. The September edition of Startup Saturday is focused on generic opportunities for startups. It’s a very interesting sector with both online and offline businesses coming up.

This edition of SS will give you an opportunity to interact with experts from the industry and know from them about the business opportunities in this sector. An ability to pitch to Angel and Venture Capital networks.That apart you get an opportunity to interact with Startups in this sector and know more about the choices they made regarding business model,products,market and the design to serve their customers better.

Please take a note that with the August event we are introducing a nominal charge for participating in Startup Saturday Mumbai.The registration for the event would be at the project wiki as usual. If this is your first time at Startup Saturday Mumbai, you would need to register for Startup Saturday kolkata project first and wait for confirmation.

Agenda

  • 3:00 PM

    Registrations begin

    4:00 PM-4:05 PM

    Introduction to HeadStart & Startup Saturdays

    4:05 PM-4:25 PM

    Introductions of the audience

    4:30 PM-5:00 PM

    Dr. GautamaThe IT/ITeS Industry & the Ecosystem of Kolkata and its near future

    Dr. G.D. Gautama - Principal Secretary, Dept. of Power & Non-conventional Energy Sources, Govt. of West Bengal

    Dr. Gautama was the Ex-Principal Secretary of Dept. of Information Technology and played a major role in the establishment of the currently flourishing & expanding IT/ITeS industry in West Bengal.

    5:00 PM-5:10 PM

    seeders.inLaunch of seeders

    Mr. Abhishek Rungta

    Seeders provides seed funding for technology startups based out of India. We assist startups in rubbing off their initial inhibitions and converting ideas to reality.

    5:10 PM-5:40 PM

    Abhishek RungtaTalk by Mr. Abhishek Rungta

    CEO, Indus Net Technologies

    IndusNet Technologies is one of the earliest ITeS companies to start out of Kolkata, laying the basic foundation for Kolkata's existence on the Indian IT map.

    Mr. Rungta will talk to us about his journey & the gathered experience while his company expanded from Kolkata to Chennai to London!

    5:40 PM-6:10 PM

    Showcase - Spirit Continues

    Mr. Pawan Gupta - Managing Director, Spirit Continues

    Pawan will take us through a demo of their upcoming product, with which trying to create a more enriching & more involving method of learning, to improve the overall performance and skills of a child.

    6:10 PM-6:40 PM

    Talk by Mr. Charanjeet Singh

    Managing Director, Eastern Energy Limited (New Jersey). Ex-president of IEEE, South Alberta, Canada.

    With 35 years of international industry experience, involvement with APEGGA (Alberta), Canada as a professional engineer & having served as the IEEE President for South Alberta, Mr. Charanjeet Singh will address us about his experience.

Day & Date: Saturday, 8 August 09

Time: 03:00 PM - 7:30 PM

Venue : Globsyn Business School

Globsyn Crystals,
XI, 11 & 12, Block EP, Sector V,
Salt Lake Electronics Complex
Kolkata

Contact for Enquiries & Registration:

Mitesh Ashar (mitesh@headstart.in)

Cell: +91- 9830988781

Manish Sonkar (man...@spiritcontinues.co.in)

Cell: +91- 9899681684

For Registration

Please follow registration instructions at Startup Saturday project Wiki.

About Startup Saturday

Startup Saturday (SS) is an initiative by the Headstart Network Foundation www.headstart.in. We are a non-profit organization that promotes and supports entrepreneurship throughout the country. Our aim is to build an innovative ecosystem for budding entrepreneurs in India. We provide entrepreneurs with Startup Saturday in each of the following five cities: Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi & Kolkata; a monthly community driven forum that is structured in agenda but open for discussions. At this forum the entrepreneurs discuss / share ideas and network. In addition to this, there exist loads of opportunities for them to learn from industry think tanks, peers, prospective customers, early adopters, partners and Investors.

We look forward to your participation in the event!

Sincerely,

Manish Sonkar (on behalf of  Headstart Kolkata)

Manish Sonkar
+91 989 968 1684
sonkar...@gmail.com
SS.gif

manish sonkar

Sep 9, 2009, 2:57:35 PM9/9/09
to Amitabh Choudhury, occ-k...@googlegroups.com, Anirudh Lohia, ani...@webreps.in, Arjun Ghosh....the wanderlust, mit...@headstart.in

Sorry for the error on the last mail the event date is 12th September 2009

Day & Date: Saturday, 12 September 09

manish sonkar