Recycling Sheds

Suzanne Haff

Jun 23, 2024, 11:36:41 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov
Dear Commissioners,
Please keep the recycling sheds open on all weekend days including Sundays.
They are a wonderful opportunity for all members of our community to interact with each other and support each other.
We are not just recycling but building community at the sheds.
Thank you,
Suzanne Haff

Suzanne Haff
107 Hunter Hill Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516

Jamezetta Bedford

Jun 25, 2024, 4:06:39 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Suzanne Haff, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK
Hi Suzanne,

On behalf of the Board, the Solid Waste Department is going to move the cleaning and sanitizing day for the shed to Wednesday.  The move will increase our employee costs slightly, but the moving to Wednesday should enable more residents to recycle during the weekend. Announcements will go out soon for the change date.

Sincerely,

Jamezetta Bedford, Chair